cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 update 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the 1020 be getting this update. Current version is 8.10.14226.359 - is this still at update 1 level.  Further along line will O2 be updating all lumia models to windows phone 10

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be a good question for @Chris_K  slight_smile ....He is the right type of person to give you an update

Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

As said many times on here. Only @Chris_K has any ideas about O2 firmware updates.

OE update info can be found by Googling but Chris is the man for O2 branded stuff on any device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

WP 8.1 Update 2 - Leave it with me, i'll have a check into this with our device team and Microsoft. What I can say is don't worry, you've not missed out on anything as we've not received any new updates for this device - we'd have released it we had anything slight_smile

Update on above: I've had it clarified that the Lumia 640 & 640 XL launched with WP 8.1 GDR2, and that GDR2 has since made its way over to the Lumia 735 & 830. We are not expecting Microsoft to bring GDR2 to other devices but if they do, we'll receive/test/release as usual. Understandably it looks like there is some focus on compatible WP 8.1 GDR1 devices jumping straight to WP 10 once released - see below.

WP 10 - It looks like updates are scheduled to begin arriving towards the end of the year, possibly the start of next year. One thing's for sure though, this is a big update and we know there will be huge anticipation for it. Closer to the time and once we have more info, i'll be creating a WP 10 Mega-thread that'll be updated with the newest info, much like I done with the old thread introducing WP 8.1 to the masses.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Chris_K do you why o2 rolled back the update for the samsung s6 flat from 5.1.1 to 5.0.2? Thank you

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey @Chris_K do you why o2 rolled back the update for the samsung s6 flat from 5.1.1 to 5.0.2? Thank you

This is a WP thread? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry just trying to catch a response from Chris, i'll ask chris on the android thread

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Just pm him if you wish to.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
i already have, no response 😕
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I guess he don't know then....?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12