Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 Update 1

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I know a lot of you havn't got 8.1 yet so please don't hit me with hate replies, I will cry. However I was wondering what stage O2 are with "8.1 update 1" regarding testing/approval? 

Usually I would go to the Developers Preview but I want to stick to the offial rom with VVM. 

Cheers

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@L_W_Ward wrote:

I know a lot of you havn't got 8.1 yet so please don't hit me with hate replies, I will cry. However I was wondering what stage O2 are with "8.1 update 1" regarding testing/approval? 

Usually I would go to the Developers Preview but I want to stick to the offial rom with VVM. 

Cheers

We're fully focussed on getting the 8.1 update seeded out across Lumia devices first. Only final releases that vendors & manufacturers release to us are entered into our usual testing & approval process. The current Update 1 DP is likely to change a lot before final release so officially there's nothing on that we have info for... I can confirm that we will be taking the update into testing as soon as it's released to us and we'll test/approve/release to all our Lumia devices OTA once complete

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Chris_K is the man in the know he may be able to tell you
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just flagged him in
Message 3 of 13

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Ahhhh I forgot to tag him into this!
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 4 of 13

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@L_W_Ward wrote:

Cheers

We're fully focussed on getting the 8.1 update seeded out across Lumia devices first. Only final releases that vendors & manufacturers release to us are entered into our usual testing & approval process. The current Update 1 DP is likely to change a lot before final release so officially there's nothing on that we have info for... I can confirm that we will be taking the update into testing as soon as it's released to us and we'll test/approve/release to all our Lumia devices OTA once complete

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 5 of 13

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for the update slight_smile 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Do you have Cortana installed in your mobile? I have updated my 1520 to the latest version but Cortana was not installed.

Message 7 of 13

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I don't have update 1 installed as I want to stick with the O2 firmware for now.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 8 of 13

ianh
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know if Update 1 will have another funky Lumia name for Nokia handsets? Or will it be the same for all and sundry?

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ianh wrote:

Does anyone know if Update 1 will have another funky Lumia name for Nokia handsets? Or will it be the same for all and sundry?

No new firmware is coming with Update 1, just like GDR1, 2 and 3 for WP8

Message 10 of 13