cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 + 1520

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

After much thought, i decided to upgrade to the Lumia 1520. After speaking to o2's live chat they confirmed that the 8.1 update is available on o2 1520 handsets. Great i thought!

Then i got a message from o2 on Twitter advising that they had no information on when the 8.1 update will be available.

Can anyone here confirm if the 8.1 update is available for o2 on the 1520?

Thanks,

Craig

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey folks 🙂

Getting Windows Blue onto existing handsets is a big priority for our device team, and Microsoft too, we're sure. Blue has some fantastic changes and new feature additions that make it even better to use so we're all pretty excited about it and can't wait for you to meet Cortana.

1520 is high on the to-do list for Blue so we're hoping to get this update out to your model and the others as soon as we can. Date-wise, we don't currently have anything concrete as the estimate has changed a couple of times so I'd hate to give a date for it to change again before release - So for now i'll be realistic and state that we're hopeful to see a Summer release of 8.1 for the 1520 and indeed other Lumias - hopefully sooner rather than later.

Don't worry though i'll be making sure to shout about it loudly here on the community once the 8.1 update starts rolling out.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Great phone.

I've just reviewed the Lumia 1020

Perhaps @Chris_K from the Social Media Team is your man here.
Message 2 of 6

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Nokia being a little vague, but updates will be happening between now and end of September...

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA143304

So far I can only find info on 8.1 relating to the 930, 630 and 635, however I have seen the developer version running and it's very nice.

ewan

Message 3 of 6

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey folks 🙂

Getting Windows Blue onto existing handsets is a big priority for our device team, and Microsoft too, we're sure. Blue has some fantastic changes and new feature additions that make it even better to use so we're all pretty excited about it and can't wait for you to meet Cortana.

1520 is high on the to-do list for Blue so we're hoping to get this update out to your model and the others as soon as we can. Date-wise, we don't currently have anything concrete as the estimate has changed a couple of times so I'd hate to give a date for it to change again before release - So for now i'll be realistic and state that we're hopeful to see a Summer release of 8.1 for the 1520 and indeed other Lumias - hopefully sooner rather than later.

Don't worry though i'll be making sure to shout about it loudly here on the community once the 8.1 update starts rolling out.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any further updates on when Windows phone 8.1 will be released?

Message 5 of 6

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I just installed the 8.1 Dev Prev on mine slight_smile 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,