cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 - anyone taken/taking the plunge?

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been running Preview for developers on my phone without issue (Other than the minor delay updating to Cyan which wasn't an issue)

PFD has now been replaced by the 'Windows Insider Program' If you have a PC or tablet running Win7, 8, or 8.1 you can update to Windows 10 now (As off yesterday) Obviously it'll be Beta and you take your chances.

https://insider.windows.com/

Windows 10 for phones will be available in February, gotta feeling my trusty 925 will be taking the plunge.

Anyone already updated their PC/Tablet (If so what do you make of it?) or planning on updating their phone as soon as it's available?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I read that the pc version wouldn't be out till the summer? ??
Message 2 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
In all honesty I'm happy with denim at the mo.
No bugs and very stable, so I'll stick with it for now as I use phone for work.
If I had a spare phone I'd try it and I'm still toying with the idea of getting a 735 or 830 to play with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly my little Samsung netbook will only run Windows 7 Starter and my Sony Vaio is on full Windows 7

My daily driver is a MBA.

I own a Nokia Lumia 520 which up to present is running on 8.1 buttery smooth.
Message 4 of 30

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I read that the pc version wouldn't be out till the summer? ??

Its a Technical Preview for now, not sure when the full blown version will be released.

http://www.windowscentral.com/poll-did-you-install-new-windows-10-technical-preview

Message 5 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I don't intend to go anywhere near it for months. I'm not an early adopter. Rather see them get the glitches out before I even consider the upgrade.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be prepared to give it a go.
Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

I don't intend to go anywhere near it for months. I'm not an early adopter. Rather see them get the glitches out before I even consider the upgrade.

Great minds think a like...:smileywink:  I also never buy anything that has been just launched, for the same reasons.

Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgraded to the latest Preview on my HP 8440p laptop and it's flying along, really good (Core i5, 8Gb, SSD)

Been using my 930 on Denim (flashed to Finnish CV) for weeks and it's stable as a rock.Maybe won't be putting Windows 10 on the Lumia on day 1!

Message 9 of 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Same here @Bambino   in fact as my other half controls what goes on the laptops in this house ...he will decide. I told him about the free for a year version. He just shrugged wink

Each to their own really.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 30