Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Insider Program

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Today Microsoft have opened up their Windows 10 Insider program for Windows Phone. Some of you may already be familiar with this and already looking to get involved, and some of you may not yet know much about it. We wanted to put some info together so you have everything that you need to know.

What’s the Insider Program?
The Insider Program is managed entirely by Microsoft and essentially gives end-users such as yourselves the ability to test the latest Windows 10 and see the progress of the new operating system as it happens, and with your feedback, you’ll help shape the future of Windows 10.

Sounds good. Device compability?
Windows 10 will not be compatible with all current Windows Phone devices, and fewer are supported for the initial build of Windows 10 via the Insider Program. You can see a list below of the devices that you can sign up with here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-supported-phones

- Please note only the 630 and 635 are available as O2 variants, but the 830 is also available for Open Market (Carphone Warehouse etc)

How do I sign up?!
Okay, there’s a few steps involved so please follow these carefully:

• Read the notes section below first, highlighted in red (it’s important!)
  • Go here > https://insider.windows.com
  • Read all about the Insider Program and if you wish to proceed, click the ‘Get Started’ button at the bottom left hand corner
  • Please do read the programs T&C’s carefully – if you’re happy and wish to proceed, agree to the terms and hit ‘Submit’

That’s you, you’re signed up and registered! If the email you’re signed up with is linked to your Windows Phone, you will receive an update notification over the coming days which will let you update to the Windows 10 Technical Preview

O2 Notes – Please read before signing up!
We know you’ll be excited and some of you will sign up regardless of what we say, even if we sat a huge hungry lion right in front of you. But we need to make you aware of some very important things so please do read these and if you’re unsure about anything, please let us know here and we’ll see if we can help with any questions you have.

• Microsoft recommend only testing the Technical Preview on a secondary device if you have one, and advise against using it on your main one
  • By installing unverified and unapproved software (which we’re afraid the Windows 10 Technical Preview is), you will be voiding your O2 warranty and we may be unable to repair/replace the device if you have faults
  • The Technical Preview is unfinished software. Some features may not work, or work as expected. You may experience device crashes and some rough edges. Should you decide to install this Preview, our support teams would be unable to assist with any issues you may have with it.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Interesting and exciting news @Chris_K
Thankyou
Also good to see clarification regarding warranty situation.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add to chris k advice don`t sign up and think ill wait a for a few weeks to down load it, once you sign up windows insider it auto install`s and you can`t stop it you have to use the microsoft rollback tool, so don`t sign up till your ready.

Message 3 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to add to chris k advice don`t sign up and think ill wait a for a few weeks to down load it, once you sign up windows insider it auto install`s and you can`t stop it you have to use the microsoft rollback tool, so don`t sign up till your ready.

Thanks for sharing Rayfry!

For those who want to experience the very latest and try out new features as and when they arrive, the Insider program is fantastic, but we wanted to take the time to ensure people were aware of the potential issues or risks involved. While you may have a fantastic experience, issues can happen - you could lose data, experience bugs, and may have nightmares if your favourite apps no longer work or are compatible.

We'll let everyone make their own mind up to get involved or not - If you do give it a go though, please do let us know your thoughts and experience with the new Windows 10 system 🙂

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I've a Lumia 635, and signed up for the Windows Insider Program. And I've downloaded the app on my phone but when I go to try to install it, it says "No Builds" available?

Will it be available over the next few days, or do I have to wait a bit longer?

Thanks, Scott

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone participating in this program?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi slight_smile

Am using Lumia 635 to participate in Windows 10 preview.

I believe that currently preview builds are suspended.

This is due to them getting near to a "final" preview.

Message 7 of 7