cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is Cortana coming for the Nokia 1020 in the UK?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've asked this queston to 4 Guru's on Web chat and 2 phone calls later no one has either not heard of Cortana or can't answer my question. I've been told to do hard resets, that it would appear after syncing on Zune and then the Windows App and obviously none are correct. So I'm asking the community for help. Is it available yet?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What is CSC ROM

What is Cortana

A multi CSC ROM is a ROM with more than one sales code embedded into it.

Many ROM's (the phones operating system) have a choice of CSC's depending on which market they are sold in. You select the CSC for your country, usually, but if some countries get an update before yours, you can change the CSC to get the update before your country code normally allows it.

Cortana is a personnal assistant that can perform phone functions by the user talking to the phone - "Set alarm for 6.00am", "Call Jane" etc.....

THe same thing is on Apple phones as "SIRI" and on Samsung phones as "S-Voice".

Google aslo have a generic "Google Now" which does the same thing for all android phones.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahem ..... no Bambino Smiley LOL LOL Astounded I would prefer open top Triumph Spitfire in of course scarlet red wink

PS: have been a good girl & used 'Google is my Friend'

to find out what CSC + ROM + Cortana are ..... & ..... made a note using pen & paper in my IT paper notebook

mental not to self: must not act like I'm wanting to be 'spoon fed' info ..... = ..... I am now a big girl (Posting Pro no less) Crazy LOL Bouncy

WispaRed7 Cat (ferociously feline furever)

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is CSC ROM

What is Cortana

A multi CSC ROM is a ROM with more than one sales code embedded into it.

Many ROM's (the phones operating system) have a choice of CSC's depending on which market they are sold in. You select the CSC for your country, usually, but if some countries get an update before yours, you can change the CSC to get the update before your country code normally allows it.

Cortana is a personnal assistant that can perform phone functions by the user talking to the phone - "Set alarm for 6.00am", "Call Jane" etc.....

THe same thing is on Apple phones as "SIRI" and on Samsung phones as "S-Voice".

Google aslo have a generic "Google Now" which does the same thing for all android phones.

MI5 Hero ..... your answer if by far more meaningful to me than the few words I can pick upon using Google is My Friend wink so of course I have bookmarked your page ..... to be printed off when I can brave changing the cartridges in my newish hp envy 4500 4-in-1 printer ..... have bought the cartridges & aren't they expensive Surprised Horrified Sad

WispaRed7 Cat ferociously feline furever

Message 13 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

PS: have been a good girl & used 'Google is my Friend'

to find out what CSC + ROM + Cortana are ..... & ..... made a note using pen & paper in my IT paper notebook

Fantastic

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
to be printed off when I can brave changing the cartridges in my newish hp envy 4500 4-in-1 printer ..... have bought the cartridges & aren't they expensive 

Your printer is eligible for the HP Instant Ink offer - £1.99 a month for 50 pages a month.

Ideal for lowish usage wink

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15