cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats going on with Windows 10?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know when the official release of OS10 will be for mobiles/phones.

I read it was Dec, but I check daily and I'm still not seeing any updates available in my settings.

Anyone, any the wiser?

Cheers

Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks jonsie Curr946

What do you mean by resellers Curr946? I've a giffgaff SIM on its way and it seems the easiest option.

The online chat assisstants, 2 chats and 3 assisstants were friendly and helpful but I think their hands were tied and could only offer me 1GB at 50% more expensive than giffgaff/tesco. They were willing to discount my current package (500mb/500m) for £11.12 down to £7.50 but the point of my request was to obtain a 1GB data, not save money on the same allowance. The 1GB data package they did offer me was at £15 which is too expensive. I'd have paid my current price for 1GB but they couldn't do that either.

So possibly 29th Feb for a Windows 10 rollout. I'm running my main device (830) on 8.1 and a 640XL on Win 10. I like some features better on each OS, not sure I'd update my 830 if offered. Theres a simplicity about 8.1 that I like and with my limited needs Office is easier to use/search, but 10's file explorer is nifty and it seems to run slicker on my 640 than 8.1 does on my 830. Still a few weeks and probably more to decide.

Message 51 of 65

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
I've got my kids on giffgaff. They're happy and their tariff's are flexible month to month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 65

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Yeah I'm with @MI5 regarding my kids sims.

Resellers are stored / sites that sell the services of O2. You find they often offer cash back etc.

But Giffgaff is great value.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 53 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tesco mobile runs on o2 network  250min/ 5000 text 1gb £10 /12month con or 250min / 5000text 2gb £11/ 18 month contract .

Message 54 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like things are starting to move on the future update`s .

http://www.windowscentral.com/some-windows-phone-81-devices-will-get-firmware-updates-official-windo...

Message 55 of 65

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I rolled my 640XL back to 8.1, nothing major wrong but I fairly frequently had minor bugs. Blank start screen, wrong info in storage sense live tile, photos opening all broken with lines through them, whatsapp sometimes not giving me an option to browse to photos, others I can't remember atm.

When ever W10 is released officially there will be no way to roll back to 8.1. For now I've disabled the update notifications and auto download, I really like WP8.1 as it is and although W10 has the potential to be better I'm going to wait until its sorted properly.

If like me you are worried about geting stuck on W10 with no roll back option after the official release then consider doing what it suggests in this link. i.e. downloading and saving your current 8.1 ROM so if needs be you can roll back after the official release. I've downloaded my 830 & 640s ROMs. HTH

https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/41ao2q/tip_preserve_your_81_rom_before_its_too_late/

PS: As said ^^^ the last few days I've swapped over to giffgaff. Service has been fine, I was a little worried it might turn out to be O2 lite but I've no issues.

Message 56 of 65

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I agree, 8.1 was / is more stable. I wouldn't recommend 10 for everyone yet. Your links to backup your old roms are great.
Message 57 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable

The latest rumour is that windows 10 will be coming this week again just a rumour, im inclined to think april 1st just to make fools out us.

Message 58 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable

the rumour of the rollout of windows 10 mobile this week came from vodaphone italy remember vodaphone where he first to get denim update here in the uk, now there`s another rumour doing the round`s.

http://www.windowscentral.com/new-report-claims-windows-10-mobile-update-older-phones-coming-later-m...

Message 59 of 65

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Should roll out to unlocked handsets by end of march.
Message 60 of 65