cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail on Nokia Lumia 930 errors on activation

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying to activate visual voicemail on my Lumia 930 for a while now but i just keep getting errors and all the support people i've spoken to don't seem to know much about it...

When i turn the visual voicemail to on I receive a text saying 'Sorry, your number doesn't support visual voicemail, so we can't set it up yet. Please go to www.02........' and if i leave it going long enough i get an error on the phone that says ' Oops! Something happened and we couldn't set up visual voicemail. Make sure you have a mobile signal and try again. You may also need to contact your mobile operator to enable this on your current plan.' and then it goes back to off. 

OS version: 8.10.120397.895

Firmware Version: 02061.00066.14252.51002

Let me know if you need any other details and I'll post them too. 

If i need to speak to support to get my tariff changed then can you tell me exactly what it would need to be. I've spoken with support and the last person I spoke to admitted they'd been given no training on windows phone 8.1 and didn't even know they could do visual voicemail.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You might want to post on this thead here where someone from O2 is helping out http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Visual-Voicemail-on-Lumia-930-Not-Availa...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You might want to post on this thead here where someone from O2 is helping out http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Visual-Voicemail-on-Lumia-930-Not-Availa...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll give that a go. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck..

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recall reading that VVM was only for peeps with a pay-monthly SIM on a consumer tariff, business tariff folks don't [yet] get VVM.

'Sorry, your number doesn't support visual voicemail...' is the message I get on O2 branded 925, but I know I'm on a business tariff

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. It does look like business customers aren't getting the same features. I have asked them why in my last email to them but i've not heard back since... 

Message 6 of 6