cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Lenovo yoga 3 tablet with o2 wifi hotspots

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so the scenario is, you go into a coffee shop to drink coffee, or mcdonalds to eat etc etc and while there browse the net with their free wifi right? Wrong if you have a Lenovo Yoga 3 it seems. I know some Costa coffee's use O2 the same as McD. But I seem to have more chance of using McD, as long as I forgot the network in the meantime and sign in again. Costa o2 is a nightmare.

I open wifi, connect, it should bring up an android sign in page and away I go, only it starts opening the sign in page, pauses for ages, then comes up with a long stream which basically tells me that it couldn't connect to the server.

It shows I have wifi, I can see the little bars showing movement which generally shows when its sending/receiving data only despite saying connected, I am not as I cannot access the internet. 

If I open Chrome/firefox/browser it just says not connected to internet. I do not get a page where it gives me the option to sign in (the official o2 page) so I end up tethering it to my phone which defeats the purpose of using free wifi.

I have been to the o2 page and deleted the tablet, I also registered it to another email and its only good for the first use then it reverts to type. Same again if I completely restore the tablet as turning the wifi on/off again does nothing.

It also does similar in premier inn. Only then I get a page is not secure with a big red padlock and it won't let me go any further, Yet if I use my iphone I can access the free wifi anywhere so its not a site issue. Their wifi experts just told me there was no problem the first time and the next two times didn't bother responding.

I even downloaded the app, so surely I shouldn't need to log in all the time? But that seems to make no difference.

Are there any tec experts here that might have any ideas. because Google only came up with things I had already tried (such as trying to change the ip address to static, it won't let you unless you give it a whole new address) or endless people asking the same question. I just want to use free wifi Smiley Sad
I have no problems with home wifi..

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
such as trying to change the ip address to static, it won't let you unless you give it a whole new address

Something I have done in the past is change to static ip and just increase the device count by 1

ie if the allocated dynamic ip is 192.164.1.35 change it to .36 or change the DNS range ie .2.35

You can have a play with the ip address to see if you can get any improvement without damaging anything.

I will try that thank you! I will try anything 😕

Message 11 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

OK @Anonymous sorry to hear that you're still having problems. Please keep us updated on the issue and share any fix you find. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 12