Did you mean: 

Update to Windows Phone 8.1

Diziet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya,

Today I got the update to Windows Phone 8.1 (Cyan) on my Lumia 920.  All seems well except one quite major, for me, thing.  The calendar no longer functions at all.  I can pin/unpin it from the start menu but that's it.  I can't open it and the icon is 'greyed out' so to speak.  Clicking on it via the start screen or menu does nothing.

I've tried removing accounts that use it and re-adding them, of course I've tried turning the phone off/on etc.  I've even tried changing other things that can use the calendar like the lock screen, in case they had it held open and the update was locked. So far I've been loathe to try anything too drastic like hard resets/wipes.  Any advice?

Here's a screen shot with the calendar disabled in the top right:

Lumia 920 Calendar Screen Shot

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Paul

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope some tricks and tips can be sent your way by members or by using google.

One last resort is a hard reset which is suggested after a major update to clean out old files.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope some tricks and tips can be sent your way by members or by using google.

One last resort is a hard reset which is suggested after a major update to clean out old files.
Message 2 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I take it you have no idea then bob wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Yep, looks like a hard reset is required..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 20

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Seems to be a common bug but some are suggesting resets fix the problem. Another reckons you should check the store to see if there are calendar updates.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpemail/calendar-error-after-81-update/c1aa71e...

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly so. 😞

Please make a back up of Your saved data before Carrying this out Diziet

http://www.hard-reset.com/nokia-lumia-920-hard-reset.html
Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Your phone should auto backup to your OneDrive - Just check backups are turned on in settings first.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 20

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

As mentioned back up and try to factory reset. This usually works with me when it comes to updates but i've not needed it since I installed 8.1 update 1.

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 9 of 20

Diziet
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all  the quick advice.  I'd tried google but clearly my foo was failing me so thanks for the links bandofbrothers & jonsie.  No update has popped for the calendar in the app store yet, though a good dozen or so other apps had updates. I'll make sure I've got backups done before I do a hard reset.

I'll reply again to this when I've done the reset.  Ta.

Message 10 of 20