Did you mean: 

Update to Windows Phone 8.1

Diziet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya,

Today I got the update to Windows Phone 8.1 (Cyan) on my Lumia 920.  All seems well except one quite major, for me, thing.  The calendar no longer functions at all.  I can pin/unpin it from the start menu but that's it.  I can't open it and the icon is 'greyed out' so to speak.  Clicking on it via the start screen or menu does nothing.

I've tried removing accounts that use it and re-adding them, of course I've tried turning the phone off/on etc.  I've even tried changing other things that can use the calendar like the lock screen, in case they had it held open and the update was locked. So far I've been loathe to try anything too drastic like hard resets/wipes.  Any advice?

Here's a screen shot with the calendar disabled in the top right:

Lumia 920 Calendar Screen Shot

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Paul

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck with it slight_smile
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 12 of 20

Diziet
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will do.  Backups were all turned on and up to date, so having checked the store was alive and there were no updates I'm staring at the Spinny Cogs of Hopefully not Doom.

I strongly suspect I'll be asleep before it finishes so consider me AFK for 9 hours or so.

Once again though thanks.  Great to see such fast responses from the community.

Message 13 of 20

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Diziet
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Right... "!$#"&^@. grin I mean it this time, I'm off to bed.

So did the factory reset thing 3 times, each time it would not bring up the option to log in to my account, despite connecting to WiFi.  It would fail to connect after I hit "Sign In" for my account.  Retry would avail me of nothing and repeatedly retrying would eventually hang on a white screen with the waiting pips moving across. There's no option to restore from backup except during that initial setup screen.  If you lock and unlock your phone it skips the screen. 😞

Finally twigged, it wasn't trying to use the wifi it was triyng to use the 3G which didn't yet seem to work.  I took the sim card out, did another factory reset and voila, it's now restoring from backup.

Hopefully if someone else stumbles across this scenario; remove your SIM and make sure you're on good wifi.  Zzzzzz..... *thud*

Message 15 of 20

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope it sorts it for you slight_smile
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable