cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited data not calls and texts!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely this is a popular demand? I feel a vulnerable customer who has been capitalised or capped and believe we are a fast growing group that want a mix and match type of structure!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

If you want unlimited 3G then look at giffgaff which runs off o2's network.

I wouldnt bother with Giff Gaff, there are still serious data issue's, Giff Gaff just hasnt got the bandwidth to cope with there current customer base.

Giff Gaff have also gone silent on there plans to fix the issue, traffic management & fair use policy are coming in to force as they want to drive away the data hogs.

A lot of Giff Gaff users have left as the data connection is so slow / poor that it's just unusable.

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous said "I wouldnt bother with Giff Gaff, there are still serious data issue's, Giff Gaff just hasnt got the bandwidth to cope with there current customer base.

Giff Gaff have also gone silent on there plans to fix the issue, traffic management & fair use policy are coming in to force as they want to drive away the data hogs.

A lot of Giff Gaff users have left as the data connection is so slow / poor that it's just unusable."

I do agree and have experienced the same sort of issues however as some have not had these issues and as to give a balanced post, and as data is important some would put up with data lag and drop outs for the Unlimited 3G.

Not for me tho.
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get the feeling Giff Gaff is being slowly wound down before it vanishes.

Unlimited Giff Gaff 3G, no good when you can't even get Twitter or Facebook to update, email updates timing out & don't even think about trying to watch anything on Youtube.

A lot of Giff Gaff customers want the unlimited goodybags scrapped & a data limit brought in to get rid of the data hogs, the new Giff Gaff data policy just isnt working.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see some have been talking about the fruition of the 5 year plan and are speculating on its future. 😞

Message 14 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's an advantage to me as I live in a more sparsely populated area so still get decent bandwidth, however, I can see the end of gg offering unlimited data as there are too many that try and take the mick and then complain that they have been throttled back or refused another unlimited goodybag because they have used 100gb of data and don't understand what the problem is !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Personally I have had no problems with my £12 goodybag giving unlimited data. Presumably my area is well served but I can see it being a problem as more and more people take advantage of the unlimited data.

There are always people who will spoil it for others, just human nature. I can see giffgaff stopping the goodybags or ultimately coming to an end.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest the issue of data signal showing but unable to actually use data is not just a gg issue. This is an issue in many parts of the o2 network. There isn't a town or city that I have been to this year that hasn't had this issue.

O2 are upgrading and this will take a couple of years more to complete and until they upgrade the area you use, if you are having capacity issues (I.e. You have a signal but you can't access data) then this is not a signal issue but it is a transmission issue and that also requires BT and Virgin to continue expanding their fibre Backhaul.
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Piperdog123 said "To be honest the issue of data signal showing but unable to actually use data is not just a gg issue. This is an issue in many parts of the o2 network. There isn't a town or city that I have been to this year that hasn't had this issue.

O2 are upgrading and this will take a couple of years more to complete and until they upgrade the area you use, if you are having capacity issues (I.e. You have a signal but you can't access data) then this is not a signal issue but it is a transmission issue and that also requires BT and Virgin to continue expanding their fibre Backhaul."

-------------------------------------OoO-------------------------------

Hi @Anonymous

I don't believe the OP is having connection issues but wants unlimited Data.

Possibly this threads gone a tad off topic. 😞
Message 18 of 18