Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive texts

Johnaldo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have  Nokia Lumia 610 running WP7.8 on O2 PayAndGo.

In the last week I have been unable to send or receive texts.

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?

John

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Johnaldo wrote:

The SIM was brand new and only in use for 2 or 3 weeks before the problem began, so unlikely to be that.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but I experienced the problems after receiving my first picture message (MMS is it?) ... could that be relevant?

John

It could be an issue...as sending pictures is classed as MMS...it may have tried to convert... but not been able to send if mobile data was turned off..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 60

Johnaldo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cleoriff wrote:

It could be an issue...as sending pictures is classed as MMS...it may have tried to convert... but not been able to send if mobile data was turned off..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

Hi,

I'd like to turn of MMS completely, but the instructions in the link don't seem to apply to the 610 ... have you any advice please?

John

Message 12 of 60

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Might be easier to call cs and ask them to turn off on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

As its a windows phone.....I am sure the only way to stop MMS sending is to turn off mobile data? My Samsung phone actually informs me when a message is converted to MMS..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 60

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
That would stop all data for emails, Internet etc too.
I'll look to see if you can edit apn but I think not on windows.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

APN settings for windows phone here. Can be changed...?

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#o2%20Windows%20Phone%20APN%20MMS%20mobile%20inte...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 60

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You can't on my ativ but maybe you can on Nokia?

Currently using:
Message 17 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

According the the link I gave you can...

1. Swipe your finger from right to left across the screen to access the Apps list.
  2. Find and tap on the Settings icon.
  3. Scroll down this list until you find cellular + SIM or Mobile + SIM, then press on it to continue.
  4. Make sure your Data connection is set to On, then scroll down and tap on SIM settings.
  5. At the bottom of the SIM settings page you should find buttons to allow you to edit internet APN and edit MMS APN. Tap on edit Internet APN to modify your internet connection settings. (Please note: On some handsets these buttons are not in the SIM settings page. If this is the case, go back to the main settings menu and tap on access point which will then allow you to edit the APN settings as described in the Windows Phone 8 section below).
  6. Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
    APN - mobile.o2.co.uk (PAYG - payandgo.o2.co.uk)
    User name - o2web (PAYG - payandgo)
    Password - password
  7. Press the Save button to save and quit this screen. The save icon looks like a floppy disk, for those of us who remember them!
  8. Now select edit MMS APN.
  9. Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings:
    APN - mobile.o2.co.uk (PAYG - payandgo.o2.co.uk)
    Username - o2web (PAYG - payandgo)
    Password - password
    WAP gateway (URL) - 82.132.254.1
    WAP gateway port - 8080
    MMSC (URL) - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    (As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
  10. Press the Save button at the bottom of the page to save and quit this screen.
  11. You should now see 4G, 3G, H, E or G on the top line of the display, next to the signal bars. This indicates you are connected to the data network
o2 Windows Phone 8.1 APN MMS mobile internet settings

W

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

PS...it took me 10 minutes to copy and paste that...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 60

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
That's great in theory lol x

Currently using:
Message 20 of 60