cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 5 New Features in BlackBerry 10.3.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

So those of us with existing BlackBerry 10 devices (Z10, Q10, Z30) won't be getting OS 10.3...but we WILL be getting OS 10.3.1 in November (if rumours are true, and O2 allow us to upgrade!)

As well as the full list of new features included with 10.3 which I detailed in this post, there are even more to come in 10.3.1!

The video shows off 5 of the new features coming in 10.3.1, but here is a list:

• Reverse Contrast Mode (which I think makes the menus look very like Android)
  • Block Contacts
  • Hide Photos
  • Battery Saving Mode
  • Custom Notifications - They're finally BACK and include custom LED colours for different apps!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Individual app settings mainly, but Sony provide their own user panel within the main settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to comment? Oh ok... what can I say...honestly I'm a bit annoyed? I was under the assumption that o2 were only gonna stock th classic for business! Last weekend little old me was browsing along the o2's page when she noticed that blackberry was on the handset list??? I!!! Oh well...another 2 years without using a staff discount then....not amused...Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to comment? Oh ok... what can I say...honestly I'm a bit annoyed? I was under the assumption that o2 were only gonna stock th classic for business! Last weekend little old me was browsing along the o2's page when she noticed that blackberry was on the handset list??? I!!! Oh well...another 2 years without using a staff discount then....not amused...Smiley Frustrated

I saw it in the shop @Anonymous I nearly dropped you a line...then thought better of it wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@aldaweb wrote:

The different colour LED notifications are a nice touch without needing a 3rd party app Smiley Very Happy

Oh look, another manufacturer catching up with Android at last Mexican Wave

tongue

But on the Note 3, the s-view cover covers up the led, which is  bit stupid.

No, it's not a bit stupid, it's completely stupid.

And this is an official samsung accessory.

In any case, I hope we start to see multi colour led indicators that are fully customisable on all handsets soon, because it would be good to have unread message/email counts flashing up in distinct colours.

Bit stupid to have a light to tell you the battery is full, that sort of thing, in my opinion.

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

but it's a small screen isn't it? and the camera is not as good ...so ...not sure i would swap it?

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

but it's a small screen isn't it? and the camera is not as good ...so ...not sure i would swap it?

The keyboard has 4 rows instead of 3, though.  But the small screen kills it...

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mind the 3 rows anymore...found it weird in th beginning but I prefer it with the larger keys but the screen is too small. Also the passport is superior in every single aspect, from the processor to the camera, it's just the shape...still not completely convinced...it should be a bit longer and the corners shouldn't be so pointie and if the fourth row of keys were to make a come back I wouldn't be sad...

I get that BlackBerry are trying to have an expensive and a more accessible phone but one of the things that used to anoy me in my previous Blackberrys were the poor quality cameras and think that the classic's camera is a step back...

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't mind the 3 rows anymore...found it weird in th beginning but I prefer it with the larger keys but the screen is too small. Also the passport is superior in every single aspect, from the processor to the camera, it's just the shape...still not completely convinced...it should be a bit longer and the corners shouldn't be so pointie and if the fourth row of keys were to make a come back I wouldn't be sad...

I get that BlackBerry are trying to have an expensive and a more accessible phone but one of the things that used to anoy me in my previous Blackberrys were the poor quality cameras and think that the classic's camera is a step back...

I would really like to play around with either of them to be honest.  Now that BIS is a thing of the past, I've kind of accepted Blackberries as potentially decent phones.  Always liked the look of them before, but was put off by having to channel everything I did through a third party.

I can see the appeal of the size and shape of the passport, and I think the pointy corners issue is just to make it clear that it's a business phone and not supposed to be trendy.

But about the camera - does it matter for a business phone?  I mean, I would see myself in an office situation using it to make visual notes for myself, and records of health and safety violations for management, that sort of boring thing.

I mean, if you're out with your friends at the weekend, you're not going to whip out a blackberry to do a group selfie....  are you? Smiley Frustrated

BUT, I need 4 rows.  A keyboard with 3 just isn't a keyboard.  Sorry.

However, the passport does have USB OTG, and HDMI output which is great, (real keyboard, and presentations on a large screen).  But can you use them at the same time?  Is there a multimedia dock available?

Message 18 of 19

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I would really like to play around with either of them to be honest. 

BUT, I need 4 rows.  A keyboard with 3 just isn't a keyboard.  Sorry.

However, the passport does have USB OTG, and HDMI output which is great, (real keyboard, and presentations on a large screen).  But can you use them at the same time?  Is there a multimedia dock available?

The Classic has OTG and Slimport for HDMI out same as the Passport Smiley LOL but they're not MHL compatible so won't work with the Note dock I have, nor the micro HDMI lead from my Z10 Smiley Frustrated

The Passport was just too wide with pointy corners for me, the Classic is much more comfortable in the hand.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 19 of 19