cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text alerts

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just moved from Pay and Go to a monthly contract.  I used to get an outgoing text alert when I sent a message but this no longer happens and I can't see how to change it.  My phone is a Lumia 640.

Can anyone help, please?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144081 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You don't get them on contracts, they are only for PAYG.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144081 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You don't get them on contracts, they are only for PAYG.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I did eventually wonder if that was it.  I spent a happy couple of hours sending various duplicates as I didn't think they'd been sent.  It might be useful if that was mentioned when you change over - trivial, I know, but, if you're used to it, it throws you a bit!

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

As said,  alerts are usually balance notifications and confirm a text has been sent. Not necessary on monthly contracts. 

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - I get the balance notification bit but, as you say, it was also confirmation that the text had gone.  I'll learn to live without it, no doubt...!

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144081 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If you start every text message with *0# you will get a delivery report from the system (the recipient won't see the *0# bit) but it can't be done any other way on O2.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah - OK - thanks for that.  I'll make a note.  It could be useful from time to time, at least...

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If you start every text message with *0# you will get a delivery report from the system (the recipient won't see the *0# bit) but it can't be done any other way on O2.

I didn't know that! Every day's a school day.....Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

How long you been with us now.... LOL

All that does is tell you that the texts have been sent but doesn't tell you that it has been received or read. 

Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

How long you been with us now.... LOL

All that does is tell you that the texts have been sent but doesn't tell you that it has been received or read. 

Oh I thought it told you it had been delivered...meaning the recipient had received it.....

No point in it otherwise!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11