O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
Soph220209

Sim Card not Provisioned: 2

Hi,
I bought a BlackBerry on a pay monthly contract and it arrived yesterday, but it says 'Sim card not provisioned: 2' at the top of the screen and 'SOS' written it the signal bar. I have no idea what to do! I'm not even sure my Sim card has been activated or not :smileyindifferent:

I also filled in a form to keep my old mobile number but at the moment neither phones will let me text or anything!

Need answers asap!
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 203
Solutions: 1,979

Contact customer service and give them the sim serial number on the back.

Pay Monthly Customer Service
From your O2 mobile 202 Free
From a landline 0844 809 0202 5p / min†
Opening hours Monday - Friday 08:00 - 21:00
Saturday 08:00 - 20:00
Sunday 08:00 - 18:00

† 5p per minute from a BT landline, other providers’ charges may vary.
Please use plain text.
Soph220209

Already rang, emailed and used this forum. My account and Sim card are both active. So far nothing has worked :smileysad: Been left without a working phone for 3 days now.....
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

When you phoned O2, what did they say?
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
Soph220209

She told me that my account was still pending, that was on thursday. I got an email through this morning saying it has now been activated along with the sim. But i still have the 'Sim not Provisioned:2' and 'SOS' written in the signal bar.

Ive also tried taking the sim out and wiping it clean then putting it in again, and something called a battery pull, neither worked....
Please use plain text.
prking

Did you order the phone direct from O2?
Please use plain text.
Soph220209

Yep i did, i got it off the o2 online shop.
Please use plain text.
prking

Its difficult to un-pick this because, I think, there is some confusion between activating the SIM when it arrives and your Blackberry Service being turned on.
The SIM is sent out not connected to the network. When you receive it, you phone O2 and they activate it (connect it to the network). Is that what you did? But are still getting the message?
Please use plain text.
Soph220209

When it first arrived and i switched it on for the first time it was fine it connected to the network just fine, then about 6 hours later i got the 'sim not provisioned:2' sign and 'SOS' in the signal bar. I thought it was just the building that i was in, but the message didn't go away when i got home either. So the next day i rang o2 who said that my account was still pending. I got an email this morning saying that both my account and my sim card had been activated, and it just told me to take the sim card out and wipe it clean if i still had problems with it, but ive tried this several times now and it hasn't worked.

Sorry information overload lol
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 203
Solutions: 1,979

O2 really need to sort this out for you. Not too sure what they meant when they said the account was still pending but if the account is now activated there must be something wrong on the system with regards to the sim. Call customer service again as there is something wrong at their end. Ask them to check if the sim is active on all their systems.
Please use plain text.