cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Online Banking

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing issues accessing Santander Online banking on Windows Phone?

When I try to access this by visiting santander.co.uk, I click Log on and it says "We're having trouble displaying this page". This happens on a Lumia 1520 and 635 on several different WiFi connections as well as on 3G/4G. It works fine when I try on an iPhone or Android.

I've tried clearing the cache on both Windows Phones and have tried four browsers.

Anyone any ideas?!

Thanks
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
The actual log in page is an https site:
https://retail.santander.co.uk/LOGSUK_NS_ENS/BtoChannelDriver.ssobto?dse_operationName=LOGON&dse_pro...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 47

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The actual log in page is an https site:
https://retail.santander.co.uk/LOGSUK_NS_ENS/BtoChannelDriver.ssobto?dse_operationName=LOGON&dse_pro...

and just to confirm I can log in OK to this site on my AtivS, which doesn't help the OP but it means it's not a WP problem in general so it must be something specific to the phone(s).

What apps have you got in common on both phones, particularly any AV or gateway apps etc.....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 12 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have any AV installed on either phone and no shared apps. One is my personal phone and the other my work phone. My work phone has zero apps installed apart from what comes preinstalled.

On my personal phone I've tried the inbuilt browser, UC browser, opera, browser by eyacker and Maxthon.
Message 13 of 47

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Is it just the page that you log in from or is it after you have entered your log in details?

Currently using:
Message 14 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Is it just the page that you log in from or is it after you have entered your log in details?

I think this is exactly the issue. My bank allowed me to the home page. The issue occurs when I entered my  log in details...then I get an error message

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get to their homepage and click log on, then I get the error. So I don't even get the opportunity to enter my login details. Very strange that I get the same error on two phones.

I first noticed it approx. 2 weeks ago but just thought it was my phone until I tried on my work phone too.
Message 16 of 47

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Ah, strange - I can get the log in page fine but I don't have an account to go any further.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 47

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

It may just be that the bank are updating their systems.

Access to my bank cannot be guarenteed after 10pm and before 4am.

I hope you now have access @Anonymous 

Message 18 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still don't have access. It's not due to them performing maintenance or updating their systems. I've had this issue for weeks with two of my Windows Phones.

However, it works perfectly fine on iPhone and Android. I've nuked the cache on both, tried multiple browsers and Wifi connections as well as 3G and 4G but I still can't access the login page. I have no idea what's going on but fast becoming really frustrated.
Message 19 of 47

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hmmmm that is strange.

I haven't got a Windows phone but I can access the Santander Online Banking site on my Windows computer.  As I was logging in, something popped up saying that I need to update Adobe but apart from that it worked fine.

Message 20 of 47