O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Devices (Nokia, Blackberry, etc)

Level 1: Joiner
Stuart_K

Samsung e900 "Limited Service" problem

Hi, i am having a bit of bother with my phone (Samsung e900 / SGH-E900). I just had it unlocked and bought a brand new O2 sim card but whenever i put it in my phone, it starts up fine and i can get onto it, but it says Limited service constantly so i can't phone up the operator etc to find out what's happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
Strange_Visitor

I presume it's a PAYG SIM? If so have you activated it, by topping up?

SV
Handset: Samsung Galaxy S 8GB, Android 2.3.3
Tablet: Google Nexus 7, Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
Stuart_K

No

No i haven't topped it up as like i said it just says limited service so i don't really want to waste 10 pounds if i can't use it. If i top up it will activate the PAYG sim and it will work then?
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
Strange_Visitor

It's a very long time since I last had a PAYG phone, so I'm just going by what people have posted on these boards, in the time I've been here.

I do know you have to top-up to activate a new SIM.

What I don't know is the error message you would get if you don't, but limited service sounds right to me, as you should be able to make emergency calls or contact o2.

You may want to wait for other poster to confirm what I've just said before you part with your cash.

However, if your phone has been unlocked properly and you have a brand new SIM, I can't see any other reason for the "limited service" message.

SV
Handset: Samsung Galaxy S 8GB, Android 2.3.3
Tablet: Google Nexus 7, Android 4.1
Please use plain text.