cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have given a Lumia 925 for repair, its status shows as non ber tech. Anyone know what this means?

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol. I didn't realise that it could be because of getting it unlocked? Hence didn't mention it earlier.

It may have nothing to do with it at all...I just find your whole experience worrying. Bottom line is you bought a new phone from O2. Suddenly you can't get data..after you had it unlocked and took it abroad.. Now someone from O2 is telling you a 3rd party blocked it...??

I have no idea why they can't do more for you sadly......this is why it is weird ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure your brother hasn't claimed in some insurance for it being lost/stolen, but then found it again?
Message 32 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I've read all the post twice and sorry to say,this doesn't make sense...Imei bars from abroad wouldn't work in the uk, so the 3rd party cannot be the other network u used abroad. 3rd party that could bar ur phone in the uk would more than likely be insurance. Having said that once u get an imei bar u cant use anything, not just data...so...??????Also the code for the repair is nothing to do with imei bars?!Either way customer services should be able to unbar  it for you, as long as it's a mistake. Either way, it can be sent to be investigated and in 24h somebody will contact you.

Hope this helps:smileyhappy:

Message 33 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Yeah, so turns out it was all a huge misunderstanding on O2's part and I will be sending it again for repair.

Message 34 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi! Yeah, so turns out it was all a huge misunderstanding on O2's part and I will be sending it again for repair.

Well!!....it certainly does seem to be a 'huge misunderstanding' if you have been left without a properly working phone for this length of time!... I hope it gets sorted for you soon...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 36 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, their repair center is still flagging the phone as blacklisted but O2 have no clue why that's happening and they offered to swap the handset for me; I would get a refurbished one and I am not too keen on that.

Message 37 of 47

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I would get a refurbished one and I am not too keen on that.

Surely that's better than a blacklisted one though?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 38 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, its not though? O2 doesn't understand it either Confused

Message 39 of 47

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, its not though? O2 doesn't understand it either Confused

Nor me D'oh!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 40 of 47