cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puk code

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have blocked my sim and the website is saying it does not have a puk for my number, strange since I have had the same number with O2 for years. There is no one to help at this time can anyone here help? I have a lumia 925

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Cleoriff  You might also like to see http://www.o2.co.uk/puk/    where you can enter your mobile number and obtain the PUK number for it.

As I have just learned from @MI5 using the PUK will unblock the SIM but the user will still be required to enter any sim pin that has been set.

Gerry

I see that @Anonymous but my point was...if the phone got stolen and the sim removed...surely the phone could still be used with a new sim?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143434 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I see that @Anonymous but my point was...if the phone got stolen and the sim removed...surely the phone could still be used with a new sim?

Correct - a SIM pin protects the sim (ie your account)

a phone pin protects the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I use sim lock and phone lock.

I've always been against the PUK being available on the website, readily accessed by anyone. If a phone is only protected by sim pin then it's useless protection if the PUK is public.

It is available via My O2 and to me, that and customer service should be the only outlet to obtain your PUK.

My view only I expect but people need to use a phone lock as well as sim lock.

Message 13 of 13