cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom voicemail notification

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My Blackberry Z10 has developed an odd issue in the last couple of days. It keeps reporting 'New voicemail message waiting' (an actual voicemail notification, rather than the usual SMS that O2 send for new voicemails)

The issue is - there isn't actually any new voicemail there, nor has there been for around a week. I've tried as hard as I can to get rid of the notification, but it won't go away. So far, I've tried the following:

- Calling from another phone, leaving a voicemail then deleting it from my Z10. No effect.

- Complete factory reset of the Z10. The notification came through again on first reboot onto clean phone.

- Tried marking 'all read' in Blackberry Hub. The voicemail notification still shows as unread.

- Disabling and re-enabling voicemail service by calling 1760 / 1750. No effect.

My OS version is 10.2.1.537 and the model number of the phone is STL100-2

The fact that I did a factory reset and the notification still came through leads me to believe that there's an issue at O2's end.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Having the same problem with my Galaxy iii mini ever since i installed the TuGo app i have know removed this App but still getting voicemail symbol done a hard reboot on request of o2 but still having the problem so after reading about could be the Sim on the forum i requested this to o2 waiting for the Sim to arrive fingers crossed

with baited breath

Let us know if this works for you @Anonymous ....will be interesting to know...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will be disappointed if its not the answer as I placed the suspect Sim in my spare M/B and the Phantom Voicemail symbol appeared unless its being transmitted by O2 network ??
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If it's stuck on the system it will appear on any phone you put the sim in - Try the suggestion on your other similar post.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13