cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom voicemail notification

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My Blackberry Z10 has developed an odd issue in the last couple of days. It keeps reporting 'New voicemail message waiting' (an actual voicemail notification, rather than the usual SMS that O2 send for new voicemails)

The issue is - there isn't actually any new voicemail there, nor has there been for around a week. I've tried as hard as I can to get rid of the notification, but it won't go away. So far, I've tried the following:

- Calling from another phone, leaving a voicemail then deleting it from my Z10. No effect.

- Complete factory reset of the Z10. The notification came through again on first reboot onto clean phone.

- Tried marking 'all read' in Blackberry Hub. The voicemail notification still shows as unread.

- Disabling and re-enabling voicemail service by calling 1760 / 1750. No effect.

My OS version is 10.2.1.537 and the model number of the phone is STL100-2

The fact that I did a factory reset and the notification still came through leads me to believe that there's an issue at O2's end.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

My Blackberry Z10 has developed an odd issue in the last couple of days. It keeps reporting 'New voicemail message waiting' (an actual voicemail notification, rather than the usual SMS that O2 send for new voicemails)

The issue is - there isn't actually any new voicemail there, nor has there been for around a week. I've tried as hard as I can to get rid of the notification, but it won't go away. So far, I've tried the following:

- Calling from another phone, leaving a voicemail then deleting it from my Z10. No effect.

- Complete factory reset of the Z10. The notification came through again on first reboot onto clean phone.

- Tried marking 'all read' in Blackberry Hub. The voicemail notification still shows as unread.

- Disabling and re-enabling voicemail service by calling 1760 / 1750. No effect.

The fact that I did a factory reset and the notification still came through leads me to believe that there's an issue at O2's end.

Any suggestions?

I'm 99% certain that you're right...this is a problem at O2's end, and as suggested above you will need to contact O2 Customer Services.

I think I can recall having this issue on my Bold 9900 in the past and the voicemail notification would come through whenever I installed a new OS onto it but it would clear itself after checking my voicemail. Never had the issue on my Z10 though.

You don't have any saved messages in your voicemail do you?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Have you spoken to 02 CS.

I'm hopeful another user of your phone will Come along and give some pointers.
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27631 Solutions
I would normally suggest you turn off/on VM but as you've tried that I guess you will need VM resetting on your account. A call to CS should easily sort this out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Any suggestions?

I'm 99% certain that you're right...this is a problem at O2's end, and as suggested above you will need to contact O2 Customer Services.

I think I can recall having this issue on my Bold 9900 in the past and the voicemail notification would come through whenever I installed a new OS onto it but it would clear itself after checking my voicemail. Never had the issue on my Z10 though.

You don't have any saved messages in your voicemail do you?

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
After lots of being passed around different departments in O2 CS, it seems that there is a fault with my SIM. I'm having a new one sent to me and we'll see if that fixes it...
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope that resolves the issue.

Please update your thread once it's received and tested out.

slight_smile
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
I honestly can't see this being a sim problem.
To me it is a system fault and at the O2 end.

I really hope this solves the problem for you. Let us know how you get on.
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new SIM arrived today. I didn't have much hope that it would do anything but I tried it anyway.

Bizarrely, it's fixed the issue. I now no longer have a voicemail notification showing. I've never heard of this happening and it being a SIM fault before, but you learn something new every day...

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27631 Solutions
That's one to remember.... Never heard it before slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same problem with my Galaxy iii mini ever since i installed the TuGo app i have know removed this App but still getting voicemail symbol done a hard reboot on request of o2 but still having the problem so after reading about could be the Sim on the forum i requested this to o2 waiting for the Sim to arrive fingers crossed

with baited breath

Message 10 of 13