O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
o2spete

POP3 Settings for ISP's

Hi, I'm compiling a list of POP3/IMAP settings for the various ISP's out there.

If anyone has any corrections to this list, or has others to add, can you please post your replies.

Thanks,
Pete.
Please use plain text.
gasboy

POP3 Settings for ISP's

Freeserve is now orange/ substitute freeserve for orange in incoming and outgoing settings
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
weightoncoin

Settings for LG Viewty

Hello there

Your'e chart is great, but can still not get any email to work on my LG Viewty other than the o2. On the settings section for the email (on the phone), after the SMTP authentication it has entries for SMTP username and password. Trouble is I am not sure what it needs here - the ISP's SMTP username or o2's SMTP username ? Whichever I try it does not seem to work.

Any suggestions ?
Please use plain text.
o2spete

Thanks Gasboy

RE:
Freeserve is now orange/ substitute freeserve for orange in incoming and outgoing settings

So it's pop.orange.com and smtp.orange.com for the incoming and outgoing server addresses now for freeserve.co.uk, fsnet.co.uk, etc?

Thanks.

Pete
Please use plain text.
weightoncoin

POP3 Settings for ISP's

Many thanks but it is not that which is causng the problem. You can actually set the pop3 and smtp to wanadoo.co.uk and it works fine.

The problem seems to lie with either the o2 accessing other ISP emails or the LG viewty settings being in the wrong way. I have tred every combination can thnk of but can not get any email to work ther than orange.
Please use plain text.
weightoncoin

Problem solved - with strangers help (many thanks)

[ Edited ]
The answer to my problem was kindly tendered in the following post:

http://customerforum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic ... highlight=

Begs the question why can't o2 give you this information - I can't be the only one to encounter this problem ! OR do they not want us to know :robotindifferent:
Please use plain text.
tomhowden

POP3 Settings for ISP's

Thanks this has come in useful.
tomhowden

Sony Ericsson Phone
O2 Pay & Go - Text Anytime
Number ported in from Virgin Mobile UK :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
sills

Re: Thanks Gasboy

So it's pop.orange.com and smtp.orange.com for the incoming and outgoing server addresses now for freeserve.co.uk, fsnet.co.uk, etc?

pop.orangehome.co.uk and smtp.orangehome.co.uk :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
puretoon

POP3 Settings for ISP's

from weightoncoin

Your'e chart is great, but can still not get any email to work on my LG Viewty other than the o2. On the settings section for the email (on the phone), after the SMTP authentication it has entries for SMTP username and password. Trouble is I am not sure what it needs here - the ISP's SMTP username or o2's SMTP username ? Whichever I try it does not seem to work.
Any suggestions ?

I've got the same problem and noticed there wasn't any reply to this question so can anyone help please?

I've also tried configuring the settings that many times all to no avail-even followed the instructions kindly linked too but still nothing.
Please use plain text.
mcomisc

@btconnect.com

hello -

i beleive its

pop3.btconnect.com
mail.btconect.com

hope thats of use to you

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.