cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 "confirms" Blackberry OS 10.2.1 launch in January

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.geekshut.com/o2-confirms-blackberry-os-10-2-1-launches-january/15745

Can't come soon enough! i'm not loading leaks onto my Z10 and I'm looking forward to some of the new features we'll be getting with the OS!

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried it today, wasn't having it.

Ok to summarise, alarm is set. 

Phone switched off.

Phone does not wake and alarm, my old trusty 8520 does without fail !!

Message 71 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other functions that do not work are

Reports on text message. It shows a tick even if it hasn't been delivered.

It only shows the time that the text message has been sent not when it was received by the individual.

8520 still winning here lol

Message 72 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried it today, wasn't having it.

Ok to summarise, alarm is set. 

Phone switched off.

Phone does not wake and alarm, my old trusty 8520 does without fail !!

Yeah, as I mentioned in my last post, BlackBerry10 doesn't have this feature yet. I agree, it should be, and as far as I can remember all of my old phones have done this including legacy BBOS phones but as yet the new range of BlackBerry phones don't have this feature.

Its funny though as different phones have different features, I was looking into what is essentially a cheap Alcatel phone the other day for a user on here and it had ingenious features that the more expensive phones on the market don't have!

Message 73 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Other functions that do not work are

Reports on text message. It shows a tick even if it hasn't been delivered.

It only shows the time that the text message has been sent not when it was received by the individual.

8520 still winning here lol

The tick next to a sent text is to let you know that it has been sent, nothing more. To get more information it is better to use something like BBM or WhatsApp which gives lets you know if it has been delivered or read.

I can't remember ever having a phone that told me when a text was read by someone. Even BBM and WhatsApp don't give you that information.

That information would require some sort of text back to you to let you know when the text was read. If you check this post from bandofbrothers you will be able to setup delivery reports:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Nokia-lumia-520/m-p/628094#M41900

It might also be useful for you to start your own thread for problems as this topic was about the latest OS10 release from BlackBerry...

Message 74 of 80

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

The tick just shows that the message has been sent successfully. To get a delivery repot with any phone on O2 you have to prefix the message with *0# but that will only tell you the message is delivered not read.

edit: snap Smiley LOL

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 75 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Anyone know why I cannot get this update? Using O2 UK in a BlackBerry Q10 which was purchased in the US with AT&T and unlocked for use here. I've tried over the air and the message says I have the latest software (10.1.0.2030), BlackBerry Link says the same! Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Message 76 of 80

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I would guess you would need to be asking AT&T that question.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 77 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, it is an AT&T issue. They seem to be the only north american provider who hasn't released 10.2.1 now.

The issue you're having where you have had your phone unlocked, have inserted another providers SIM card and still aren't seeing an update seem to be common. I'm not sure what AT&T are doing to their phones when they unlock them but they still seem to be tied to them in some way.

Sadly, unless you want to install a leak of 10.2.1 using something like Sachesi, you may need to keep waiting for the update to be released by AT&T.

On a side note, in your SIM settings do they show as unlocked?:

IMG_00000263.png

Message 78 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both for the reply. Shame about AT&T not catching up yet! I guess I'll have to wait as I'm not too keen on using a crack or leak. PapaDug: mine says unlocked on all 3 counts just like the image, unfortunately doesn't solve the issue!

Cheers
Abed
Message 79 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous It looks like you might finally be in luck! Time to start checking every 5 minutes to see if you can update yet Smiley Very Happy

http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7795233 

Message 80 of 80