cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 "confirms" Blackberry OS 10.2.1 launch in January

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.geekshut.com/o2-confirms-blackberry-os-10-2-1-launches-january/15745

Can't come soon enough! i'm not loading leaks onto my Z10 and I'm looking forward to some of the new features we'll be getting with the OS!

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

So long as you have a 4G SIM and have 4G enabled on your account then you can use 4G!

When you go into Settings --> Network and Connections --> Mobile Network, is 4G not listed in the Network Mode drop down box?

Message 61 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is now selected, I get this H+ sign in the top left corner of my blackberry.

Does anyone know if this affects battery life by using 4g or maybe saves it, if it is more efficient technology?

Message 62 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
H+ is the enhanced 3g service commonly known as 3.9g. It is quicker than H and I find it is perfectly capable of downloading video or tv. I use it to watch tv at lunchtime at work for example.

4g battery life no different to 3g
Message 63 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
H+ is faster than 3G but isn't 4G I'm afraid! Are you in a 4G enabled area and have a 4G contract?
Message 64 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in a 4g area as I am in london but I do not think I have a 4g contract, does this cost extra?
Message 65 of 80

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27668 Solutions
Yes, of course, but they were doing some free upgrade deals recently. Best to call 202 and see what they can offer you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 66 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys,

Also another question. Does anyone have a blackberry Q5 with the latest update AND they have managed to get the alarm to activiate and to wake the phone when switched off?

If I switch my phone off my alarm won't work...

Message 67 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @Anonymous , sorry I had looked for information on this and forgot to post back.

I can't find any reports of this being a problem, but I think that might be because no-one else is switching their phone off. 

Is there a reason why you are switching your phone off rather than just putting it on silent or into sleep mode?

Message 68 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

I switch it off at night to save battery etc I tend to only get 1 day use out of a full charge.

I have reset the alarms and I have upgraded to the new software will report back

Message 69 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah okay, I tend to charge my phone overnight so its fully charged for me in the morning!

I meant to report back that Bla1ze on the Crackberry forums had replied to someone saying that the function you want isn't available yet on the BB10 devices. slight_frown

Message 70 of 80