cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Dongle/Mobile Broadband

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys!  hope this is posted in the right place.

I just purchased a new mobile broadband O2 Dongle from the O2 shop, it'sall working great no problems, however.... to be able to get in the settings on my O2 3G Dongle it requires a password.  Now I may seem a bit dim but I don't recall creating a password even though initially I am already logged in to connect and discount etc etc

So just basically would like to know if I've missed something when I set this Dongle up.  I tried one password but now I only have 4 goes to getting it right.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Try admin

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

If it isn't on the dongle or in the box it may be worth re visiting the high street store to swap it out.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The password should be with the dongle either with the literature or stamped on the box. 

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Try admin

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

If it isn't on the dongle or in the box it may be worth re visiting the high street store to swap it out.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks buddy!  admin was the password 🙂

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Awesome.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course, you should change the password to one of your own choice now...

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
90% of routers/dongles login routines are admin and admin and should always be changed as advised above as anyone who connects to your network (authorised or otherwise) can change it else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I did try change the password but there isn't an option to do this either. I searched every setting on the connection manager. Tried talking to the online guru chatty box but they were non the wiser.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
System >Device Settings >Modify Password.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

This afternoon 14:00)  I called in O2 shop in Stafford to add on 2GB data to my Dongle.  I left thinking it was done.  At 15:00 I checked O2 on line and my data allowance had not increased.  I telephoned O2 (202) to request the same.  At 15:24 O emailed me to say my phone had 2GB added.  That of course was not what I wanted.  I telephoned again and later used Chat but no one in O2 could understand my simple request.  Antone else had the same problem?

Message 10 of 11