cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Very Happy With Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with O2 now for a couple of years and I was very happy with the service when I first joined. I had a Blackberry Bold on a monthly contract and everything was great, everything worked fine and I was impressed with O2 in general.

I upgraded a while back, and ever since I seem to be plagued with issues. I changed from a Bold to a curve, although whether or not this makes any difference I am not sure. I can never get a proper signal, especially when I'm in my house. I can never get 3G, and if I try to set it for singular 2G or 3G manually I'll be lucky if I can even get one bar. It just reads SOS most of the time. When I do get coverage, it's either on GPRS or Edge. 

I frequently get told that I cannot access the internet due to insufficient network coverage so I have to connect to my home wifi to browse on my phone. Also, I seem to get a lot of certificate errors recently too. 

I did go into my local O2 store, but just got given another sim card and was told to try changing it, which made zero difference to the problem. I should probably go back. 

I just feel I am paying a monthly fee for a really substandard service, and I don't think I want to continue paying for it until September next year at this rate. 

Please can someone offer some advice? Has anyone else had this problem?

Many thanks.

Ange

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, Apple excel at this and allow you to contact them directly with warranty issues but then with the mark up on their products, their huge market base and having a shop that can quickly stop a broken phone or computer becoming a big public issue, they have the power to do this.

You make a good point.  But Power, without the willingness to act, is impotent and I think that is the lesson O2 and others would do well to learn.

Gerry

Message 11 of 11