cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia lumia

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just received a new sim with cradle to change from pay as you go to monthly contract, tried to put the sim in and it would not fit as I removed it it snapped off the prongs now I can't even put my old sim in:( any ideas
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's the prongs in the phone where the sim slides along. The cradle wasn't sliding in, it didn't feel right and was only half way in so I gently removed it but it was a little stuck and the end result was 1or 2 broken prongs:(
Message 11 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which lumia is it?
Message 12 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd go into your O2 store tomorrow.

A guru may be able to help.
Message 13 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Oh dear 😞
It's going to have to go in for repair now I'm afraid - At least a sim tray isn't an expensive job to do though....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can buy replacement sim trays yourself
Message 15 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
The new sim was smaller than the micro holder, they provide 2 size cradles unlike the pop out sims that come in 2 sizes, that's what my husband had and we had no problem at all. This cradle is black and you just pop the sim on top!
Message 16 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Managed to get both out of the phone but that is why the prong has snapped.
Message 17 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's the 630
Message 18 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thsts a SIM card adapter as I suggested I believe.
Message 19 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it sounds like they have sent you a Nano sim are you sure it's not just the adaptor that has broken can you not pick it out
Message 20 of 46