Nokia - Windows Phone 7.8 *RELEASED*

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hey Guys,

Got some great news for all you Nokia fans out there! slight_smile You all will be delighted to know that we’re currently testing and working closely with Nokia UK to unveil the Windows Phone 7.8 software update for Lumia 610, Lumia 710, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 soon to ensure it delivers a superb user experience.

Once we have a green light for the roll-out, we’ll update this post and O2 customers will be available to download the update via Zune. Exciting times, right?! Meanwhile, I’m curious to know which particular feature from the latest version (7.8) are you guys waiting for?

WP 7.8.jpg

Update 31/01/2013: WP 7.8 is live for Lumia 610, 710, 800, and 900 and WP 8 PR 1.1 for Lumia 820 (OTA).

What does the update include? For Lumia 610, 710 & 800 devices, it includes:

• New features to the Start Screen, new colors and lock screen improvements.
• WP 7.8 OS includes enablers for new apps such as Bluetooth Share and Ringtone Maker.

For Lumia 820 devices, improvements include:

• Increasing device performance
• Browser enhancements and new ringtone capability.
• Improvements to the general functionality of the phone including NFC pairing, battery monitor performance and bluetooth connectivity.

Cheers, Abs

Message 1 of 209
208 REPLIES 208

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Lumia 800, and who knows? I might still be waiting for the update if I hadn't 'forced'  it like a few on here.

basically like one of the previous posters says:

click 'update', count how many seconds it takes for the message 'your phone is up to date'

say 6 seconds, then restart Zune, and do the same again, but unplug the wifi after about 4 seconds.

If you still get the 'up to date' message, try 3 seconds and so on.....

turn wifi off too soon, and you get the 'unable to find updates, you need to be on the internet' (or some such message)

then when you get 'update found'  don't forget to turn turn wifi back on

oh yes, put phone in flight mode first

it does work, try it! 

you need to do this 3 times....(3 updates)

Message 91 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the force update back up all settings etc?

Message 92 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, exactly the same as any other update, it will back up your settings, that's what takes the most time.
Message 93 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the message, following your reply I now have forced the 3 updates.

Used an ethernet connection to disconect/reconnect the update. allowed between 4 to 6 secs from disconnect to connect and only had 2 reattempts when forcing.

Not checked through completly but firmware numbers match etc.

Once again thanks

mikeyG.

Message 94 of 209

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 95 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome Mikey, glad you got it to work !

Message 96 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think MS have halted roll out of update due to bugs, anyone else heard this. Only seen on one site, thought it would be all over the net by now Smiley Surprised

Message 97 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Abs

I'm very upset that my partner has updated his O2 Lumia 710 to windows 7.8 on 31/1.13, but here, now on 7 March, my 710 still won't update. What's going on? Nokias web site says I should have been able to update before now and O2 say I have to wait. Who is telling the truth?

Message 98 of 209

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Abs

I'm very upset that my partner has updated his O2 Lumia 710 to windows 7.8 on 31/1.13, but here, now on 7 March, my 710 still won't update. What's going on? Nokias web site says I should have been able to update before now and O2 say I have to wait. Who is telling the truth?

Have you read back through the posts here on how to do it?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 99 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

The roll out is on hold due to bugs, anyone who has updated will require patching.

Not sure if the force method will work anymore, as I would guess update removed from servers.

Patience is a vitue.......though I'm pretty annnoyed as well. Smiley Mad

Message 100 of 209