cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 930 Screen Issue ..........

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just sent my Nokia Lumia 930 back to o2 after nearly 1 year of use and no problems, but now i have a huge issue and was wondering if any one else has experienced a issue with "Screen Lift" ?

My Screen has completely lifted of the bezal i am presuming this is down to poor sticky stuff used to contact screen to bezal ??

I was concerned as to number one Screen Breaking and or comtaminents entering the phone.

This issue gets worse with constant usage and heat from the phone making the glue less adesive and screen nearly becoming unattached.

So contacted Customer services and they raised a repair and phone is now in post !! It states on print out form that they will replace phone if possable, o2 does not stock this phone so fingers cross it can be repaired.

Has anyone else had this issue with there Lumia 930 ??

Below is image of this issue, which i am sure you will agree is quite worrying .....

Phone 1.jpg

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay doky peoples ........... Phone arrived back in my Mitts this morning !! Mexican Wave

Arrived very well packaged so hopes were raised !! Opened packaging to find that Phone had been repaired to an outstanding level !! They have replaced the Silver Bezal and it's a New Screen as well so i am chuffed Bouncy

Restored Phone with my Back Up and i'm sorted !! They even updated the Firmware on the phone !!

I was concerned due to all the negative comments about o2 Repair but i think i must have been one off the lucky one's ?!? So positive thumbs up from me and my Faith in o2 has been restored .......... Briefly  

Thanks to everyone for your advise and if i have any further issues i will be contacting Microsoft direct ....... Think i have had a lucky escape !!

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good news slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Excellent result @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear about the result @Anonymous :). I'll be sharing this with the rest of the team, so if you have any other thoughts on the process, do let me know.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Thanks for coming back and giving us the latest update @amthestig. We love to hear happy endings too 🙂

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a problem ....... It is nice to hear about things o2 does right for a change !!

I am so chuffed to have phone back and it's like Brand New Thank you again o2 Repair Team.

Message 17 of 18

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

I had this issue with both the 925 and the 930. I fixed it myself, but for less techy folk, i would suggest sending it back for repair.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 18 of 18