cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 720 -- phone won;t stop vibrating

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The back button on my nokia lumia 720 is acting like it is being pressed phantomly. The phone will vibrate for no reason and will go off the current window and back through previous ones. I have factory reset it and the problem remains the same.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Sounds like it needs to go in for repair.
O2 or a Nokia care point - It's your choice, but many will recommend you go directly to Nokia with it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/care-point/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

usually turning a phone off , remove battery (if removable ) reinsert and turn back on helps clear most glitches.

It's a shame the hard reset has not helped.

I'm one of the 'many' that would support seeking out help from a Carphone Warehouse with Nokia Care point in it.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Non removable on a 720 hence not suggested, but if a hard reset didn't fix it a battery pull won't do any better.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I always suggest a turn off and turn on and battery remove - handset dependant. It's just a part of the general tip I give. Which on past experience clears most glitches.

I've also known in the past for more than one hard reset procedure to help.
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Best advice is to send/take to a Nokia Centre. As said no battery to pull and if a factory reset hasn't cured it then there is a problem with the phone.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's probably so jonsie

As I'm not a authorised trained engineer in mobiles ,and I don't think I've actually met one on here then all we can do is provide help and tips on past experience.

Obviously our main goal here is to hope the affected person ends up with a working handset again.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Adding irrelevant advice doesn't help that goal though.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

But you have had Nokia phones on try the tech bob and if I were to advise someone to do a battery pull on an iphone I'm pretty sure you would be the first to point out the error.

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If they didn't add the bit about 'handset dependant' or 'if removable' then yes I would comment that the phone indicated is supplied with a non user removable battery.

This is why I always add that part into my piece of advice.
Message 10 of 11