cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 635 - Find My Phone function does not seem to work properly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have owned iPhone (pay monthly) for few years and have enjoyed a reliable "Find My Phone" service with it. Recently purchased the Nokia device as a spare PAYG device and have found the so-called "Find My Phone" feature as good as useless...
It is so bad that I have been beginning to wonder if the GPS receiver is broken/faulty - but that theory was proven wrong as the Drive + turn by turn satnav function works perfectly. So am guessing there must be a setting somewhere on the device that is wrong or missing. Most comments I read about the Microsoft Find My Phone service seem to be very positive and indicate a functionality comparable to the Apple service.
In addition to my own email service I have a Microsoft email account set up on the device (I read somewhere you need to have an MS account on the device for the feature to work?) - the location settings are ON and Find My Phone settings (there are only two tick-boxes) are correct. Have I missed something?
To give you an idea of how appallingly bad it is - my partner took the phone for a drive in an area that has always been fine for tracking my iPhone and in a ten mile journey the Find My Phone service only located it twice despite regular refreshing of the Find My Phone web page. The same device was taken to Norway for a week last week and despite there being good network coverage everywhere it was taken it only registered once at the arrival lounge in Bergen airport (does this imply it might only be using wifi connection to report its location? - did not log into wifi whilst abroad but it makes me wonder whether it was utilising the local wifi network to ID its location anyway...)
Very frustrated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Already in discussion here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Nokia-Lumia-635-Internet-APN/m-p/891979#...
If you'd rather have a separate thread you can ask a mod to merge the responses into this one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 3