cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 620 - Help with Settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just got a 620 on Pay and Go. I have swapped my number from my old standard sim in the old phone to the new micro sim in the new phone and the new phone rings when I try my old number. When I check the settings in the 620 it still dispays the number for the micro sim which was originally on it and when I go into the My O2 account page on my pc it tells me that the 620 is not accepting o2's settings sent via text and that I will have to do this manually. It tells me to find the phone in Mobile Guide and click on Settings. The problem is the 620 is not mentioned in the Guide and therefore I cannot get to the Manual Settings page. Just wondered if any one else had this problem. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to mobile phones I'm afraid.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Network Setup and then make sure O2 Prepay is ticked (or O2 Pay As You Go) slight_smile

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply but no that did not work. The phone is fine otherwise. I think it might just be a software glitch.
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Any standard data settings should work OK. Try the settings for a HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy S2 for example....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Meiasdad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I did the same, kept my old number, went from sim to micro sim, and the "original" micro sim number was shown in the Lumia 620. I couldn't find out how to fix it so I went to GURU in my local store.

He fixed it, so phone shows the correct (my old) number.

However when I go to MyO2 it shows both numbers, just as if I had two phones.  I'll get them to sort it sometime.

One problem I have is that if I want to have 901 ring me to tell me there is a message it asks for my voicemail pin number EVEN THOUGH voicemail has confirmed that it will not ask.  O2 support say it's a feature of the phone but I can't see how, it's a voicemail pin, not a phone pin. Nokia say it's an O2 problem.  Can you set up no pin required in 901 and get it to work??

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's because you have the voicemail forwarding on and the system thinks you are calling from a different phone.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Meiasdad
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, I don't understand.  It only incorrectly asks for pin number when voicemail rings my phone - ("ringback" as opposed to by text.)

If you know how to fix it can I have a bit more info.  Thanks

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I don't think you can get around it with the ringback option. You shouldn't have to enter a pin if you just dial 901 from the keypad though?
I believe it's because you are effectively entering your voicemail service from a different number....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Meiasdad
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's "ringback" that requires a pin number.  I don't need a pin for anything else.  In the settings menu for voicemail you have the option on "ringback" for a pin or no pin.  I set no pin but it still asks for a pin.

Message 10 of 13