cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 520

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just got my new nokia and to enable my phone number to be transferred I was told to take the sim out for two hours. I was trying to take off the back and my screen cracked. Is this a common problem and does anyone know if this is covered under warranty with Nokia? I am with Three mobile and they say I will need to pay to get screen replaced. Does anyone know how much this will cost? TIA Janice

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You don't mean you were taking the back off and the phone landed on the floor? wink

Sadly being an O2 forum we can't help, but I would say you'll have to pay for the repair.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I just got my new nokia and to enable my phone number to be transferred I was told to take the sim out for two hours. I was trying to take off the back and my screen cracked. Is this a common problem and does anyone know if this is covered under warranty with Nokia? I am with Three mobile and they say I will need to pay to get screen replaced. Does anyone know how much this will cost? TIA Janice

Hi,

You would need to ask 3 under any mobile insurance cover you may have or send if off with their repair service.

Or check household insurance or bank account cover for accidental damage cover.

You could ask the manufacturer for assistance.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/

Last resort would be to seek a repair from a stand alone repair shop but any remaining wattanty would be voided.

Message 2 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You don't mean you were taking the back off and the phone landed on the floor? wink

Sadly being an O2 forum we can't help, but I would say you'll have to pay for the repair.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add....

You would need to typically periodically turn your phone off and on to reset your Network Services if you are porting over to o2 from 3.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Almost the exact same thing happened to me; I too was told to pay for the repair, but like you, was also following instructions to remove the back, by sliding a fingernail along the back...when it cracked! I am thinking this is a problem with these phones, as it has never happened to me before, and I have had many phones over the years, and used to work for both o2 and Vodafone. I would definitely take it up with Nokia, and I will do the same. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Janza,

I have just been on the Nokia site, where I found a Complaints section. These can only be dealt with by email, says the site, so I filled in the online form. Got to the end after supplying all the requested details, clicked  Submit...but I get an error message, I have not completed all fields. (I had). So I filled it in again, carefully checking. Still the same error message. I also noticed that although the web page is showing as being from England United Kingdom, the address field appears to be in United States format, ie. they ask for a Zip Code/postal code, and city, no county or country field. So from the UK it looks like we are unable to email a complaint. The only thing left is to write...so the best thing would probably be to contact your service provider and make a complaint with them if they don't offer to fix the screen themselves, and if you are not willing to pay for a new screen yourself. You will probably have to pay for it to get your phone back but then you could raise a complaint.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Thank you for all your replies and yes I did have to pay to get it repaired. 3 suggested putting it through house insurance, but excess would be too much. Anyway, really pleased to say that I took it into Nokia Care centre in Glasgow and they repaired it within 24 hours slight_smile Excellent Service, now just need to learn how to use my phone; joy slight_smile

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

skyerayleigh
  • 48 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is it expensive to repair a cracked screen. I've just cracked mine trying to take the back off and after watching a demo on youtube I discovered you just have to push the back where the camera is!!!!!

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear. 😞

It pays sometimes to look at the manual in the box or online.
Message 10 of 11