cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - Repairs/warranty etc?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Just a question regarding this phone. I can purchased a used Lumia 1020. 

However, what rights do I have with it if something goes wrong? Warranty wise. Am I covered by the manufacturer. The phone is locked to O2 (Can GiffGaff be used on O2 locked by the way?). Regarding hardware faults.

If I am not covered, say the digitiser is defective, how much am I Looking at?

Last question, say the gorilla glass is scratched to hell, are they easy to replace? Does the whole unit need to be taken apart (as I know some phones have the digitiser and glass combined).

Thanks all,

Mike

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Amazon are very good at replacing faulty items....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Amazon are very good at replacing faulty items....

Indeed they are. I would make sure you ring Amazon on their 'call us now' service (via Contact Us) and get the call logged.

At least they will be aware and have it on your records, that the phone is faulty and being returned

Best of luck and keep us updated wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue is the phone looks to be from a private business seller.

I'll give them a shout and see what's up. Hmmm. 

Message 33 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck.
Message 34 of 64

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Amazon returns policy help here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_sn_ret?nodeId=502480
Anyone who sells on Amazon has to conform to the site rules....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 64

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've had a chat with Nokia Care and they have escalated the issue. 

I'll see what the seller has to say on Amazon and go from there. 

Wondering if this may be a refurbished phone with new internals? Hence the plasticy smell from the jack. Ah I'll stop speculating.

Thanks all for the support! wink

Message 37 of 64

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
and quickly too....
Nothing worse than getting excited about a delivery to find out it's wrong or faulty 😞

Currently using:
Message 38 of 64

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep it is exactly that, excitement gone down the drain 😞

It is a lot easier to hide internal issues to unsuspecting buyers. Not saying the seller is not genuine or anything, in fact the seller is reputable. 

....Just wouldn't like to find the device to stop working months down the line especially if it turns out this unit is actually a refurbished one. Ouch.

I must look odd though, constantly sniffing the phone wink it is only slight, but odd nonetheless

Message 39 of 64

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Difficult to tell if they are refurbished or not but you have to assume that if it was significantly cheaper than on the high street that it could be....?

Currently using:
Message 40 of 64