cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 930 - incoming calls go straight to voicemail; can't call out. Sometimes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I bought a Nokia 930 just under a fortnight ago from CPW. They inserted the sim card.

It's a new contract with O2 but not my first or only contract with O2.

3 times now in the 12 days I've had it, the phone has started sending incoming calls straight to voicemail - I only know there's been a call when I get the notification.

At the same time, I then cannot make outgoing calls.

This is only solved by removing and reinserting the sim, then restarting the phone.

Has anyone any ideas what it might be? I don't know if it's a phone issue or an O2 issue, because I don't know enough to know. Livechat is not available today.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.
Message 31 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Our pleasure slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, success!

Drove a few miles out of town to a mall CPW, where I know it's less frantic than my city branch.

Met by an assistant who, on hearing I had a faulty phone, told me that they no had geek, he on holiday for two weeks. Happily, before the steam out of my ears began to be too obvious, she passed me to someone whose native language was English, and could therefore understand enough of my poor explanation about a little extra thingy that comes out of the phone when I take the sim card out. He went straight for an exchange, put my sim card from the old phone into the new, less than 5 minutes.

So, no credit at all to O2 - apart from you kind voluntary people ! - but lots of credit to CPW.

(I'll be Sooo Embarrassed if it's the sim that's wrong after allllll)

Thank you grin

Message 34 of 37

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for updating your thread.

Fingers crossed and you can now get on with enjoying the service.
Message 36 of 37

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Hoping for the best now for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 37