cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 930 - incoming calls go straight to voicemail; can't call out. Sometimes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I bought a Nokia 930 just under a fortnight ago from CPW. They inserted the sim card.

It's a new contract with O2 but not my first or only contract with O2.

3 times now in the 12 days I've had it, the phone has started sending incoming calls straight to voicemail - I only know there's been a call when I get the notification.

At the same time, I then cannot make outgoing calls.

This is only solved by removing and reinserting the sim, then restarting the phone.

Has anyone any ideas what it might be? I don't know if it's a phone issue or an O2 issue, because I don't know enough to know. Livechat is not available today.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I do appreciate your help.

Rebooting didn't help but I had a brilliant (!) thought about the texts - I could see notifications but nothing showed in the thread - and reset the date and time manually, and now they at least work again.

When I look back in my Call History, I suddenly realized that I've never received a call on this phone. I hadn't noticed, because I'm still using my other O2 phone, and gradually moving friends over to the new one. I have been able to ring out though.

And

On a couple of the occasions, previously And today, when I've taken out the sim card, another bit of the phone comes out. I don't know what it is or how to describe it well but it's a piece of plastic that seems to cover the whole sim and cradle. It doesn't come away from the phone, merely extrudes.

I don't know if it's the sim that's faulty, this piece of plastic or ???? I suppose the best thing is to wait for the new sim and take it from there.

Thank you again.

Message 11 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 order says it's a Postpay 4G ready Micro and Std Sim. So it should be ok.
Message 12 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions
I'm not familiar with the phone but it sounds like some sort of sim cradle...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 37

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

It sounds to me like the sim isn't sitting correctly in the phone. The sim shoudbe held in with the cradle.

Message 14 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I take the sim out, it comes out in a little cradle that it fits into. It comes right out of the phone.

This other bit doesn't come right out but looks like a sim+cradle cover. Sort of.

I've just taken and made a call on it but now nothing again. I suppose the best thing I can do is try the new sim, then if that doesn't work, take it back to CPW?

Message 15 of 37

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions
Yes, but get it back before your 30 day limit is up or else they will send it for repair and not replace it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that.
Message 17 of 37

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 18 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The O2 order says it's a Postpay 4G ready Micro and Std Sim. So it should be ok.

Lumia 930 takes a NANO sim.

Here's a link to Microsoft / Nokia help, theres a video to show how to insert the sim card:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/product/lumia930/smartguide/?category=getstarted

Message 19 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean the muppets are sending me the wrong sim card? Sigh.

Message 20 of 37