cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 820.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia 820 and want to back up all my data to transfer to Samsung A3. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

From the MS forums....

"Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having with your Microsoft account.  The error you are getting typically indicates an issue syncing your account.  I have seen three things cause this.  Please check the following and try the suggested fixes.

• The time and date on your phone is not correct.  Go to settings > date + time > turn automatically set to OFF > set the time date and time zone manually.
  • You have two factor authentication turned on for your account.  You can check this by going tohttp://accounts.live.com and signing into your account.  Go to security and password and look at the section related to two factor authentication.  If it is ON, you can either create a app password and use this as the password on your phone or you can simply turn it OFF.
  • There is an issue with the server name used on your phone.  As this is happening with your Microsoft account, please try all of the following, m.hotmail.com, blu-m.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com."
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Back up everything to one drive then you will be access it all from the A3 if you download the one drive app or for contacts sync with your Google account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this will probably sound stupid to most but can anyone guide me thru the contacts back up process to one drive?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Open the "People App" and click on "add contacts".
Next click "Add an account" and set up your microsoft account. That will automatically sync contacts both ways with one drive.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks MI5 but keep getting error 80072EE7

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

From the MS forums....

"Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having with your Microsoft account.  The error you are getting typically indicates an issue syncing your account.  I have seen three things cause this.  Please check the following and try the suggested fixes.

• The time and date on your phone is not correct.  Go to settings > date + time > turn automatically set to OFF > set the time date and time zone manually.
  • You have two factor authentication turned on for your account.  You can check this by going tohttp://accounts.live.com and signing into your account.  Go to security and password and look at the section related to two factor authentication.  If it is ON, you can either create a app password and use this as the password on your phone or you can simply turn it OFF.
  • There is an issue with the server name used on your phone.  As this is happening with your Microsoft account, please try all of the following, m.hotmail.com, blu-m.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com."

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6