cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network found after a factory reset!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I haven't used this before so I am not sure whether or not this will get a response but I kind of need a solution quick. I have had my Nokia Lumia 520 on Pay Monthly for around 3 years now and it has always worked fine all of the time. Last night however, I found that whenever I wanted to connect my phone to the internet (whether through my data; which I had plenty of, or on wifi in my home) the app that usually takes me to the internet explorer page just brought me back to the home page in less than a second without even showing the internet page. Not only this I have found that whatever happened with my phone from last night it has been affecting all applications that use the internet or are internet related. (internet explorer, the application store, onedrive, QQ and wechat) so they will not even work or open and, like my internet explorer, send me back to my homescreen in less than a second. It has even been affecting my access point page in the settings and won't even let me into the about page in the settings menu either.

I read online that factory resetting the phone could work so I did that this morning, but when I turned it back on the phone is permenantly in flight mode and there is no network found even though the sim is in the phone and it is the same sim that I have been using for the last 3 years!

Is there anyway I can fix this; the phone still isn't connecting to the internet and is still doing everything else that I have mentioned above so the reset hasn't fixed it. What is worse is that I am expecting a phone call later this afternoon for a potential job interview so I really need this fixed ASAP; please help. slight_frown

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You somehow need to turn flight mode off, could also be a faulty sim which you can go into an o2 store & ask for a new sim

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdtips/cant-get-flight-mode-turn-off-...
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I will try the recovery tool

Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous You could also try removing the sim and giving it a gentle wipe, just to ensure there's no dust interfering with the connection. If you go to an O2 store to do a sim swap, as @Anonymous has suggested, it can take up to 24 hours for the swap to take place, but it's usually much quicker than that.

If you're expecting an important call, do you have a backup phone you can use your sim in? Barring that, if your call is at a definite time, you could temporarily put your sim in a friend's phone to receive the call.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
A couple of things to try.
Plug your phone to the computer then wait for 10 secs, right click on the usb hardware device icon at the right hand side then click on safely remove hardware. Wait for another 10 secs, unplug the phone then try to turn it off. (fingers crossed!)
Also see here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia/flight-mode-freeze-and-unable-to-swit...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Please keep us updated on your issue @Anonymous 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Has any of our above advice helped you?

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice everyone; I have went out and purchased a new sim card, the recovery tool did not help. Good news is I was able to contact the place for my interview and get it rescheduled for next week. I will let you all know tomorrow if the new sim has worked. 

Thank you all for the advice and I will let you all know tomorrow!

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with the sim

Message 9 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous There was no need to buy a new sim card. If you had gone into an O2 store they would have given you one free and swapped your details to the new sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 10