Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update heading to Lumia 8.1 devices

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi everyone. We wanted to let everyone know that Microsoft will soon be releasing a mandatory update to Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia devices running software versions 8.10.14141.167 to 8.10.15135.146. This update is to prevent the device from future unexpected restarts.

How/when will the update arrive?

The update will arrive at some point over the next few weeks and it will be very small, around 100kb in size which can be downloaded over 3G, 4G or Wifi.

If you have ‘auto-download updates’ turned off, you’ll receive a notification every 4 hours to download it, before it downloads automatically after 72hr. If after 72hr you've not installed the downloaded update, it will install automatically.

Looks like one of you have already noticed this too - Don't worry if you don't have the update available yet, it should arrive with everyone shortly:
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Windows-Phone-8-1-Updates/td-p/889388

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Thanks @Chris_K. Have just let @Daddydoink (and others) know about this thread...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Mine updated Wednesday.
It's also prevented the pull down of notification bar if screen is pin locked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We suspect most devices have already been updated by now with the fix that should prevent any sudden restarts but I wanted to give a heads up for anyone who hasn't. If you're unsure if you have it or not, you'll find more details on the issue here as well as a link to a downloadable app which will give a yes/no status as to whether you have the fix or not.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/stop-my-phone-from-restarting

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Feels like an ironic update to me. I had occasional reboots prior to this update. Since installing it I've had approximately 10 or so... Just had 2 in real quick sucession on my 1020.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I never had any before or after - strange one that.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, but it seems I'm not the only one, found two people commenting on another site where they've started toe experience the problem as well.

http://betanews.com/2015/06/12/microsoft-rolling-out-software-update-to-end-random-reboots-on-lumia-...

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

So an update to fix a random reboot problem actually cause a random reboot.....nice one Microsoft!

Message 9 of 9