cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract - Windows Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking of jumping ship from Android, I don`t have a plethora off apps on my phone but the ones I do use are covered in Windows. Was quite dissapointed in the support for my S3 for if I had not gone down the custom route, I would have been stuck with the buggy 4.3 JB update which was extremely poor. It is a leap of faith for sure but wonder if it is best waiting to see what new phones are coming? 1020 successor ??

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I was thinking of getting Nokia 1020 but decided to go with android as the windows phone was lacking in the apps I use. When are you thinking of changing the phone as I will be testing the 1020 next week, that might give you a rough idea about the phone.

Message 2 of 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous .

Whatever phone you go for needs to suit your individual requirements.There are so many to choose from it does get confusing...

I would make sure you go instore and have a play with some of the many working models available

One thing you can be assured of....whatever phone you chose, there is always someone on here who will give you advice and support

Please come back and let us know which one you go for...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Theirs a lot going on in the world of windows phones right now with Nokia labels being dropped and new handsets being released. 

I reviewed the Nokia Lumia 1020 for O2 and loved it. My review is http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Review-Nokia-Lumia-1020/m-p/670935/highlight/true#... and I ended up buying the Nokia Lumia 520 to play around with. 

Id suggest making a shortlist of phones that interest you, look at YouTube tutorials and end user reviews and visit the high street to have a play with the working demo models. 

Apps for windows have come a long way and the choice has certainly improved over time. 

Enjoy the journey. 

Message 4 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

41mp camera!! that's better than most cameras being sold nowadays! The  rest of the specs also don't sound bad, shame there's no card slot but it looks good on paper.

Message 5 of 30

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The screen is on a par with the s3 as it's 720p too but it really is lovely on the 1020,
But as said, it's main pro is that AMAZING camera.
If you like taking photos, the images off the 1020 can not be beaten by ANY mobile phone.
Message 6 of 30

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Plus the price is quite good, when I looked last the 64gb version was reduced in price to lower than the 32gb
Message 7 of 30

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No 64gb,
32gb £240 on contract.
Absolute bargain
Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I was thinking of getting Nokia 1020 but decided to go with android as the windows phone was lacking in the apps I use. When are you thinking of changing the phone as I will be testing the 1020 next week, that might give you a rough idea about the phone.

Upgrade due round about Christmas, well can upgrade for free after the 22nd Dec . I had a Blackberry before an Android so not adverse to changing OS. Can see the lure of Android especially if custom ROMs is your thing. However also see the failings as well, anyway not ruling anything out but not spending fortunes a month for an iPhone for sure. 

Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure I would buy another Samsung neither, really quit disappointed what they left the S3 in with the last update. Only other Androids I was looking at, were the LG G3 and the HTC M8. So will compare deals over the next month.
Message 10 of 30