cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract - Windows Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking of jumping ship from Android, I don`t have a plethora off apps on my phone but the ones I do use are covered in Windows. Was quite dissapointed in the support for my S3 for if I had not gone down the custom route, I would have been stuck with the buggy 4.3 JB update which was extremely poor. It is a leap of faith for sure but wonder if it is best waiting to see what new phones are coming? 1020 successor ??

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

HTC One M8 is a great phone in my opinion. Definitely worth looking at. I've also had the Samsung S3 but wasn't happy with the update so changed phones,  luckily it was time to upgrade anyway. 

Message 11 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just upgraded from a Lumia 820 to a 1020. My local O2 shop happened to have a 64gb in stock - the 930 was too large and expensive for my liking!
Peter
Message 12 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi PeteD14 and welcome to the forum.

A nice choice of phone. 😄

How are you finding it ?

I found that The camera is awesome and I love the Live Tiles.
Message 13 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I've just upgraded from a Lumia 820 to a 1020. My local O2 shop happened to have a 64gb in stock - the 930 was too large and expensive for my liking!
Peter

A good choice. We have had many good reports about this phone....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I have long been a fan of WP but the recent 8.1 update has really pushed this OS to the front.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've only had the 1020 two weeks, but I'm pleased with my decision. I only wanted another Windows phone, so that narrowed the field down! The camera certainly seems very sharp and detailed, but I need practice with the settings. Battery life for my (light) use is around three days.
Peter
Message 16 of 30

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

All new phones take some getting used to. Perhaps once you have mastered it you could post a review and some photos?

Message 17 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

All new phones take some getting used to. Perhaps once you have mastered it you could post a review and some photos?

Good idea. I love reading reviews from a new users perspective. They really give you a good personal outlook.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 30

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I agree with the battery life. It's very good even fit heavy users.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm waiting for the HTC One M8 running Windows Phone 8.1 to be released in the UK... if it gets released!

Message 20 of 30