cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network MEP Code

Anonymous
Not applicable

My current phone is old and crap, my friend had an old blackberry curve and said I could have that, I put in my simcard but without a "Network MEP Code" the simcard is locked/invalid. I reset the phone to factory setting but don't really know what to do to get this code, it isn't really explained. My sim is on a pay as you go contract and my local store is shut for the the rest of the week so any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

This is because the handset you have been given will be locked to another network other than O2

your friend will need to ask the original network for the unlock code to allow it for use on O2

Some networks will charge for this unlock code, while others do it for free. It also depends whether the phone was Pay as you go or contract.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

This is because the handset you have been given will be locked to another network other than O2

your friend will need to ask the original network for the unlock code to allow it for use on O2

Some networks will charge for this unlock code, while others do it for free. It also depends whether the phone was Pay as you go or contract.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay then, i'll get in contact and see about getting this fixed. Thanks alot. Especially seeing as this was up for around 5 minutes.

Message 3 of 3