cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyO2 App Windows Phone 8 - UPDATE - Post Now Moved

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently took part in an O2 Labs beta for a possible MyO2 app for Windows Phone 8.  The beta trial was time limited and the app no longer functions.

The app functioned flawlessly but was very rudimentary compared to the iOS and Android versions.

The official so called app that O2 have in the Windows Phone Store is a complete disgrace; a simple collection of links that never work!

I would be very pleased if O2 stuck to their marketing and PR hype by supporting Windows Phone on equal terms as iOS and Android as they like the technology press to believe they do!

I notice that O2 Germany released an app on 9th November on a par with the iOS and Android release (screenshot attached), and wondered if there was anything on the grapevine for a UK release of this app.  (I never realised I was such a dreamer!!!!)

O2 Germany.PNG

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Toby, this needs merging if the OP doesn't re post...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Toby, this needs merging if the OP doesn't re post...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have moved the post as suggested.

Mant thanks.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

A update on the app, I have just been on chat with someone from O2 and they have told me the MyO2 app will be release soon.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be great if they are finally going to replace the current app for Windows Phone.

Will keep my fingers crossed!!!

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi .. windows 8 Phone now 10% of market share thanks to the Lumia 520 .. Would be good if we can get the O2 app for Windows 8 soon please .. thank you.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely it can't be that difficult to bring this out in the UK. Looks like a lot of the work is already done.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, it is now the end of March 2014. What is O2 playing at? When will they release an app for our Windows phones that will work?

Not very professional it seems to me.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
A topic of conversation in recent past threads

I totally concur.
Message 10 of 10