cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 1020 has died

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only had it since the end of May and it seems dead.  Went to use it and it was turned off, so plugged it in to the mains charger - no response, plugged it in to the laptop - no response. 

Anyone else had a 1020 die so soon??

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Have you done the factory reset yet?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. Was hoping the last time was a one off, but will have a look at doing it now.

Do I have to download all my games and apps again? I hope it remembers where I paid for stuff so I don't have to pay again.

Having said that it re-downloaded all the apps after the 8.1 update, so didn't it start off as a factory reset in effect then?
Message 32 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

When you update it doesn't do a proper factory reset, but as long as you have got your backup options enabled everything will re-install on your phone when you log in to your MS account again (inc paid for apps). The only thing you have to do yourself again is set up your homescreen as that isn't backed up anywhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 33