cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My trusty Nokia 515 has served me well utd ..... but ..... tbh I'd like a bigger screen ..... as ..... I take fairish amount of photos from the phone ..... don't use my digital camera for owt, its in its box in the bureaux ..... = ..... just sooooo hit & miss using it ..... not foolproof like my old trusty Ricoh, which was Camera of the Year once upon a time slight_smile

I've been browsing O2 website, the new real cat of O2, well got tearful about it, way to go WhiteRealPussCat, whose name I just can't remember atm ..... but ..... just luvved the manufactured hybrid cat, as @Cleoriff would say ie CatsHead with a DogsBody tee hee hee ..... he / she / it strutted its stuff like John Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever in time to the music in neon light ..... yep ..... BeMoreDog ..... & ..... Sexy Sean Bean hasn't been dropped (he's the voice of O2)

Back to subject ..... I have checked My O2 & found I have £40 to pay off the device, which is do-able ..... & ..... £12:50 ish per month is also fine ..... bit worried when checking up on asterisked notes eg I'd need to take out new insurance when up-grading ..... wtf ..... does this mean like my house insurance contents? ..... I separately? don't / never have taken out special insurance to cover a mobile phone, even though I'd come a cropper with contact etc, yep I know I've mentioned this before, & you people say @MI5 have advised me on backing up contacts on mobile phone, but utd I havn't done it ..... & ..... kinda still think that atm I could manage to do it by hand ie in my address book (paper type, used with black gel pen)

Whaddya think re: above  ^^^^^   ^^^^^   ^^^^^

I'm mindful of, not pressing the 'buy now' which I could sooooo easily do, & yep I could also drop into town's O2 shop early doors tomorrow, Saturday, before the crowds descend upon Skipton, & before the O2 shop gets busy

thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

All That Glitters is Not Gold Cat Very Happy

Simples

Message 1 of 401
400 REPLIES 400

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
really silly question - is there an light on the phone to indicate charging? and does it light up when connecting the charger?
just wondering if the charger is faulty and it has not charged the phone...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 301 of 401

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
really silly question - is there an light on the phone to indicate charging? and does it light up when connecting the charger?
just wondering if the charger is faulty and it has not charged the phone...

I may be wrong @gmarkj but I have a feeling that Jane recently bought a new charger....(she will probably come back now and say 'Yes Cleo you were wrong'...) No worries it is another option wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 302 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

just got back from O2 shop in town

Stavros long time manager of shop attended to me

I explained the problem that the phone was completely dead = totally black screen

he put it on a charger in the shop & asked if I'd any shopping to do which I had as it's market day in town

& after having a G & T in the town's WMC as woke up with serious cramp in left leg, was told by 2 women in cafe I frequent to have the quinine in tonic water ... eh? ... @Cleoriff

Cramp in calf muscle not so bad now, but oh it was painful ... had to use walking stick into town 

got back to O2 shop it's not looking good they can't get anything from the phone

it will have to go back to their repair shop

I was given a courtesy phone = Samsung E1200 = what a piddling thing it is, after getting used to a smartphone

I asked would all my contacts data still be there & my photos, particularly all those I took of the town's Gala on Saturday ... Stavros said the phones usually come back factory re-set

but if I have my previous phone, Nokia 515 which I have, data can be transferred from there

but that phone is 12 months ago now & I've added stuff

Thursday they are likely to ring me on courtesy phone to pick my re-furbished phone from the O2 shop

Not looking great atm slight_frown

Message 303 of 401

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hope they sort it for you quickly @Anonymous Hug

Good of him to take time off from running Easyjet though............:smileywink:

Message 304 of 401

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Everything will reload on your phone when you log in to your windows ID.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 305 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @MI5 ... reassuring as ever :womanvery-happy:

Message 306 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone point me to a thread about number blocking that would work with my phone please

I have the number registered in my phone as a missed call & have the actual phone number

thank you

Message 307 of 401

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone point me to a thread about number blocking that would work with my phone please

I have the number registered in my phone as a missed call & have the actual phone number

thank you

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-to-block-calls-nokia-lumia

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 308 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

done it @MI5 thank you slight_smile

Message 309 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract is up in May ... I've today in town's met a young very IT savvy woman who has got me back on Messenger ... since the debacle of 2016 town gala day when my phone was 'made dead' by the rugby lot firing off water pumping devices & I & my phone got in the cross-fire ... = ... story told above  ^  ^  ^

Is it possible to have 2 phones with the same mobile number ?

I want to stick with Windows Nokia phone as allus had a Nokia mobile & been well suited

I like to take point & shoot pics ... but ... my hands shake, hence blurred pics particularly indoors in low light, can get accidentally good effects ie blue lights on Herriots Hotel Christmas tree ... I don't have DTs Delerium Tremors it's just a side effect of the cocktail of tablets I'm on for various ailments

I'd like to use my future mobile for listening late night to my beloved BBC Radio 4 ... & ... slip off to sleep listening to the shipping forecast or the following BBC World Service business news

I used to say £1 is a lot of money to me ... I doubt nowadays I'd be able to buy 2 decent chocolate bars LOL  

I know I'm being a bit previous with my post, but I'm not to be rushed these days ... = ... it's an age related thing LOL

Message 310 of 401