Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Lumia Repair

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've run out of kudos ... ... ... 

I'm not one to 'take the back off things' ... it's beyond my capabilities

my phone currently in for repair at O2, via the town's shop

after conversation in the pub 2 days ago ... as my phone is just over 12 months into 24 months contract ... have been told I will have to pay for the repair ... = ... anxious ... just assumed it would be repaired free ... am waiting to get a phone call from O2 shop where I opted for it to be delivered, Stavros long time manager of O2 shop attended to me att ... I can't face going into or phoning on piddling courtesy phone the O2 shop for clarification slight_frown

my phone is not an iphone but a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE ... ... ... there is a thread on this phone with me as OP

Apologies if I've posted incorrectly on this thread 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

To send anything via MMS you need mobile data turned on Jane. Though there are far cheaper ways of sending picture messages. Via messenger over WiFi for instance. Are you also saying SMS (Texts) aren't working either?

I note you are uploading photos to FB...are you using messenger for that?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff I'll check if mobile data turned on 

& didn't know SMS were texts ... = ... can send & receive texts from phone 

struggling ... can't find anything saying 'mobile data'

do know that, since how it's set up, data has come out of my allowance, when using phone outside home

I have plenty of data, but shouldn't it come out of Wi-Fi ... never know if 'data sense' should be turned off or on

I know I'm a tech novice & allus will be

Destroy

Message 32 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If you want Messenger on your Lumia just go to the Microsoft store and download it for free Jane

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/messenger/9wzdncrf0083

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I note you are uploading photos to FB...are you using messenger for that?

I'm using a quick & simple method you showed me for that Cleo'

long press on thumbnail size photo, share on Facebook, choose one of two 'files' to put them in ... = ... out of the two the choices of 'files' I use any tbh  

Message 34 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well thats fine if you are using WiFi of course. Anyway back to the option of Messenger on your phone.....have a look at the link I posted above, download it from there...then you will be good to go...:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

*Downloading* freaks me out 

Just got to the last bit I thought ... screen showing 'working' ... but after 30 / 45 mins of this when area around internal mouse is getting very warm ... = ... I don't think I'm doing it right ... so's ... I clicked finish / cancel

I know it's me being allergic to tech Destroy Confused Fear

Message 36 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You downloading it using your phone? Its the Windows store accessed via your phone you need to use Jane

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

You downloading it using your phone? Its the Windows store accessed via your phone you need to use Jane

Nah, using my pc but it seems to have an option to use my phone, it says either use my email as a reference or my phone number ... I was using my phone number ... Windows 10 on phone & laptop

thanks Cleo' 

Why do I make things difficult for myself, as if it ain't difficult for me already with tech ?

Message 38 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleo' just to let you know, because you've been helping me ...

Been using my phone but get let down, as before right at end

now have full blown 'aura' of migraine, which can be seen when my eyes closed as well as when using eyes to see

Bye for now

Cat

Message 39 of 39