Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Lumia Repair

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've run out of kudos ... ... ... 

I'm not one to 'take the back off things' ... it's beyond my capabilities

my phone currently in for repair at O2, via the town's shop

after conversation in the pub 2 days ago ... as my phone is just over 12 months into 24 months contract ... have been told I will have to pay for the repair ... = ... anxious ... just assumed it would be repaired free ... am waiting to get a phone call from O2 shop where I opted for it to be delivered, Stavros long time manager of O2 shop attended to me att ... I can't face going into or phoning on piddling courtesy phone the O2 shop for clarification slight_frown

my phone is not an iphone but a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE ... ... ... there is a thread on this phone with me as OP

Apologies if I've posted incorrectly on this thread 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

been into town O2 shop today ... & ... spoke to Irishman Joe, whom has helped me before & who I have confidence in = so important

he explained with the new MS / Nokia phones O2 sent them away to Sweden / Norway ... did he mean Finland? ... anyhow, he immediately got on the phone to the appropriate person who confirmed my phone is out of the country ... it should be back at the O2 shop withing a week, which is acceptable to me

so reliant upon my 1st Smartphone I have become

Message 11 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

after receiving text from O2 went into town shop to pick it up ... new phone ... no contacts / no calendar / no photos 

was sent to Hungary

it's late in the day for my brain to comprehend things ... but can't understand why there is not calendar listed in apps

no wi-fi fan icon on top of phone either ... ... ... if someone will help me I'll sort it out tomorrow 

thank you

Message 12 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

So Jane just to check...you have had a new phone...not your old one repaired.?

For WiFi you just need to go into settings and turn it on...wait till it connects to yours at home...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Just enter your details when you turn phone on (windows ID etc) and it will ask you which backup you want to restore from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff it is a new phone

& ty for the info re:WiFi

Hi @MI5 thanks for the info ... I will do what you say when I feel I can face actually doing it, if that makes sense

I'm not tech minded ... however much I consider myself a practical person

Wonder if I had have sent my phone myself to Microsoft / Lumia it would have come back repaired? 

I know MI5 you have said I should have sent it to M / L

Message 15 of 39

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That all depends on the fault tbh, difficult to say without knowing.
Make sure it's all fully charged before you set it up....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And brilliant that you got a new phone out of them Jane. Well done..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks again @MI5 & @Cleoriff slight_smile

Message 18 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I'm having great difficulty setting up my new phone

Re: Windows password is not in my paper address book, neither is my Wi-Fi password

to re-set them both I just keep going round & round in circles acheiving nothing but Smiley Mad

If someone could help I'd be grateful

slight_frown

Message 19 of 39

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Your wifi password should be on your router either underneath or on a card.
Get that working first....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 39