Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 950 - Issues

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Hey guys, just thought I would let you all know that the 950 is just over a week old and it's starting to randomly reboot. I've had to remove my sim pin to avoid missing calls. The odd thing is, my 930 is running the same build without any issues. I'll post back after a reset with an update.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Yeah, I don't use cases. I think they take away from the aesthetics of the design. My 800 and 920 didn't have much ware when done with them, the 925 and 930 showed chips in the metal band.
Message 11 of 33

Pureview
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have to agree an aftermarket case is probably reserved for more extreme activities and ruins the looks, but the glass exposed to the edge is just asking for a terminal impact. A little protection around it would not ruin its looks really., maybe add 2mm. My poor old phones stand a fair old chance of droppage due to being used crooked on my shoulder, handsfree due to a pair of busy hands in a non office environment on a daily basis. My old 1020 bounced a few times but invested in a case, probably saving it from premature demise. Getting a case asap as I feel this one is a little more prone to accidental damage.

Message 12 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Why pay a premium price for a premium phone and not protect it? The need to show it off to the world? I know what phone I have, I know what it looks like without a cover but I have a case for protection. I have peace of mind that my phone looks the same as when purchased, no dents, no scratches and no danger of a cracked screen....or maybe that's just me protecting my investment?

Message 13 of 33

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The for or against a cover discussion has been around for years and there will always be people in both camps.
It's entirely personal choice but obviously a damaged phone will be worth much less if you try to sell on later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Indeed a personal choice. I would never pay a substantial amount for a phone without buying the perfect case for it.

I have bought two phones as Christmas presents this year. I have also bought each of them a case. This will be a shock for one recipient as he has never put a phone in a case in his life. (his current phone is a shoddy scratched mess)...Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 33

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Why pay a premium price for a premium phone and not protect it? The need to show it off to the world? I know what phone I have, I know what it looks like without a cover but I have a case for protection. I have peace of mind that my phone looks the same as when purchased, no dents, no scratches and no danger of a cracked screen....or maybe that's just me protecting my investment?

Because I'm CRAZY Shirty

Message 16 of 33

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
PS. My 950 has remained stable since the reset.
Message 17 of 33

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good news.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 33

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 930 & 950XL have had a firmware update pushed out to sort some issues.

Message 20 of 33