cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 1520 Signal Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

For the past few weeks i've been experiencing an exceptionally frustrating problem.

EVERY day when i leave work and come home, my signal is gone. It never comes back so i cannot make phonecalls or send SMS. 

I need to restart my phone to fix this.

Apart from this, i experience no other signal related issues. It doesn't happen in the morning when i leave, only at night when i come home. Could this be some sort of signalling issue in my area? Is it not receiving it properly?

Any advice?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

Many posts concerning signal issues and congestion. Just scroll down the page. Seems to be very common these days.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

http://status.o2.co.uk

Madt congestion is playing a big part right now  

Check the service status for any issues   

Message 3 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If your local to home mast is running on reduced power this is a possible scenario - You could just try toggling Airplane mode on/off rather than rebooting phone as it will be quicker until the mast is fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

No issues in my area from what those links show.

Surely if this was a load or congestion issue, i wouldn't get the issue once, reboot my phone and never see it again? (until the next day of course) That doesn't sound right.

Message 6 of 14

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

You could try swapping your sim, or try your current sim in a different phone to see if that makes any difference.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No issues in my area from what those links show.

Surely if this was a load or congestion issue, i wouldn't get the issue once, reboot my phone and never see it again? That doesn't sound right.

No you wouldn't hence my reduced power suggestion - Once latched on you're OK but it's not got enough power to automatically activate on changeover from the previous mast used.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense. What would be the best route to contact o2 if it was reduced power? Is this something they would entertain from one user, or would they need a cluster of users in the same area reporting issues?

Message 9 of 14

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

No harm in making an individual complaint, but the more users complaining about a specific issue, the better.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 14